Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky Throttle? / Transmission Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky Throttle? / Transmission Problems?

2003 - Protege LX
    Automatic Transmission

In " D ", when I accellerate (and the transmission is still in 1st gear), when I let off the throttle just past 3000 rpm it seems to stick and continue up about 200more rpm hold for a second.. then come down 200rpm then shift into 2nd.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

John

Stuff like that has happened to me too, ive also noticed that when you WOT it with the auto, it has a slight delay, even though the revs climb, but u dont accelerate even though its revving higher, then all of a sudden it like kicks in
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Thats the transmision slipping, yeah! MIne too. IM pretty sure I dont keep going up the rpm's though. Ill have to pay attention to that.

I find its much better to half gas it and just stay in whatever gear im in. Theres really no problem accelerating in 4th up hill to 90, Just be sure to give it very little gas or it will down shift to 3rd.

wot is deffinetly bad for us, IM gonna take some measurements I think we make more power off wot. Must be becuase we run so rich.

Comment

Wait mine doesnt do that.
        Hmmm... Mine is really responsive. Did you do any mods? Can you still hear the engine reving after lifting off the trottle?

Comment

I dont have the sticky problem, but i have the beginning acceleration problem
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Comment

By the way, how long is the damn cool down period on these engines? I went for a leisure drive, then got back, and two and a half hours later i come back out and turn the car to the ON position, and the temperature guage is still at the half way mark, the same spot it was at when i parked the car two and a half hours ago, and i pop the hood and it still feels hot like i just drove it... two and a half hours ago!
            Joe H
            2000 Chevy Impala
            3400 3.4 Liter V6
            Fun Times

Comment

Yeah 2 hours and the car is still warm, pretty nice if you go out for a quick trip. I know its about 3 hours in the winter for the guage to drop at all.

I really think we have problems with the engine bay being overly insulated. I was able to measure a significant pressure build up in the engine bay while driving. We really need an extractor scoop or some fender vents. Im gonna try to pull off the part of weather stipping at the back of the hood it should help a bit.

Comment

Heh u shoulda seen me earlier today i was rippin down this longass dirt road over by my house goin like 45, doin rollbacks and leavin huge trenches in the dirt from when i ebrake / gunned it on the dirt
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Comment

NIce we totaly dont even have dirt roads around here. I dont know if I could bring myself to beat the **** out of the pro, least not on dirt ( I like her clean). I miss the old feeling of fun, with these cheap ass tires I cant even break 80 without worring, like someone might cut in front and I wont stop in time, the whole feeling of lightness too. As soon as I get my rims back on its back to my old insane self.

Thouse things would grip the ground like glue. I would throw the pro though 90 degree turns at 70 the g forces were insane, now im the understeer king. I intend to kill the **** out of these tires while I have them though, bad for traction but pretty good for burnouts.

Comment

Rollbacks are fun dude, its the best way to do a burnout with a auto too... just go to a little inclined road, then put it in neutral and when you start to roll backwards afew mph suddenly put it in drive and slam the gas when ur still rolling backwards and it'll do a pretty great burnout, especially if the roads are wet when you do it
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

I do burnouts on starit roads!
                      And roll back without putting it in neutral, thanks to a really heavy sub box. If it rains just alittle or thers a puddle or even just a dusty road I can spin up the tires so much that Ill roll backwards down hill. That's some scary ****.

Comment

Spray a little black magic car wax on your tires and youll be smokin em for days

oh and about the tranny thing, i wouldent worry about it, its probobly just the auto wanting to get into the next gear and drop the revs, no big deal
                        Joe H
                        2000 Chevy Impala
                        3400 3.4 Liter V6
                        Fun Times

Comment

Yeah this was quite the thread jack.
                          I wouldn't mind. I think it has to do with the toruqe converter lock up being around there. If it locks up the rpms drop .

Comment

Hey Guys, just thought I'd let you know, I fixed the "sticky throttle" problem by Disconnecting and Reconnecting the Battery.

I'm not exactly sure how this fixed the problem, but it doesn't hold the rev at 3gs anymore when I let off the throttle...

It shifts nice n hard again like it should!

I guess this means that the problem was that I changed my driving style as I was tired and didn't feel like gunnin her that day, so the "learning chip" and learned my previous style and was still implimenting it that way.. I guess disconnecting the battery whiped that memory.

what do you guys think?

Oh... and drifting on gravel roads is ****ing fun! but I must say.. there is nothing like holding a drift on a wet paved street going like / in a straight line staying in your own lane ... just drop the ebrake, pull a little to the left then quickly back to the right and turn the wheel so the car will keep going in a straight line according to the lanes and boom.. hold it .. fun **** man

kl

Comment

Working...
                            X