VF10 & VJ20 pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VF10 & VJ20 pictures

got my VF10 in the mail today (thanks bugs)

so i went picture crazy & decided to show people some differences.
    onto the pics
    Attached Files
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

damn nice... so when it is all getting installed?

Boost PSI plans?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

as soon as some new employment can be found. i got laid off. EGT,BOOST, piping & fuel pump are all thats left.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Yes!! What are your plans??? PSI??

Comment

Very nice comparison pics!
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

sweet! now get them put on and let everyone down here know what your license plate says!
            1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

i'm a moron..here's some questions.

1: what is the bottom turbo? It looks like it has bearings...i'm guessing its a GTR aka VJ-23?
              2: what is the VF10 from? WRX right? I dunno
              3: how in the mother****ing hell did you get the external housings so clean? Seriously!!!
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

i'm a moron..here's some questions.

1: what is the bottom turbo? It looks like it has bearings...i'm guessing its a GTR aka VJ-23?
                2: what is the VF10 from? WRX right? I dunno
                3: how in the mother****ing hell did you get the external housings so clean? Seriously!!!
                #1 all turbo pictures are of VJ20(smaller one) & the VF10 (larger one)
                #2. the VF10 is acclaimed to be from a subaru legacy in australia or sorts. ( minimal mods can do a VF34 ball bearing )
                #3. Im just that good...... the VJ20 housing I cleaned prior & then turbo city bead blasted it for me. The VF10 i just cleaned.

current plans.... Send Core & vf10 housing to turbo city again, have them bead blast both parts & im interested into seeing what "smoothing & porting" they can do to the housing. by comparison the VJ20 inside is 5 times smoother , the VF10 has many casting defects that could be cleaned up. The housing of the VF10 also I believe may be able to be opened up even more as far as increased CFM flow goes. by design they may be able to CNC out some more of the snail which i could technically have done for me at my machinest, but i need expert advice first. If being so turbo city encourages me to do a rebuild i may do that as well. turbo seems to be runable however in its current condition.
                Last edited by FE3-323; 09-24-2005, 11:47 PM.

Comment

the vf10 was in the usa in the automatic turbo legacy, the manual tranny version got the vf11
                  sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                  92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

what year? we had a turbo legacy b-sides the new 2.5 gt's?
                    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

we've had a couple, actually, i think the last ones were in 93 or something like that
                      sigpic

Comment

oh really? i didnt know that, maybe they just werent popular around here?

my grandma had a 93 na. it was pretty fast like it was, i cant imagine a turbo model
                        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
                          the vf10 was in the usa in the automatic turbo legacy, the manual tranny version got the vf11
                          See this is what I have been trying to figure out. But since I knew that the VF10's were off of EJ20T's or Suby Liberty RS Autos I bought a couple from an importer. I will have another VF10 here in a couple weeks that I am planning on hybriding or selling off and letting someone else hybrid it

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

(dreaming)

mmmmm kl-ze-t mmmmm
                            1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS
                              See this is what I have been trying to figure out. But since I knew that the VF10's were off of EJ20T's or Suby Liberty RS Autos I bought a couple from an importer. I will have another VF10 here in a couple weeks that I am planning on hybriding or selling off and letting someone else hybrid it
                              i did some light research a few weeks ago into this after someone offered to sell me the vf11 off of her legacy wagon... how much would you be looking for, anyway?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X