Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smell gas when car idles with A/C on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smell gas when car idles with A/C on....

I can't find a gas leak anywhere, I have looked all over....if I let it idle for about 2 minutes the smell will give you a headache quick, this just started, I have never smelled it in the 3 years I have run the A/C....

Anyone had this problem, or maybe know of something else to look for???

Thanks,

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Originally posted by dapro
    I can't find a gas leak anywhere, I have looked all over....if I let it idle for about 2 minutes the smell will give you a headache quick, this just started, I have never smelled it in the 3 years I have run the A/C....

Anyone had this problem, or maybe know of something else to look for???

Thanks,

DaPro
    Take off the back seat. Then take off that aluminum cover. After that, remove the fuel pump and see if the round gasket ring is leaking. Well, first just take off the aluminum cover and drive the car a bit and see if you see gas leaking out. If it is, then take off the pump and replace that rubber ring. If it's not that, post again saying that wasn't it and wait for another response.

Comment

ok I just drove it around for about 10 minutes, I ran it hard and soft, but nothing there....I jacked it up earlier and crawled under it, I followed the lines front to back but nothing.....
      94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
      (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

check to make sure injectors arnt leeking then make sure its not antifreeze you smell
        eat me

Comment

Working...
        X