JDM headlights and turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM headlights and turn signals

Are they a direct bolt-in? or is some modification required in order for them to work? and if yes, what?

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you need to change the headlight connector to an H4 type... you can find these connectors off any 95+ protege, and any 92+ civic

the corner light connector is not the same, you will need to use the one off your stock corner... just match up the wires and go! no need to splice any set of wires together
    Ok...but they bolt right in replacing the stock ones, right? I mean replacing the turn signals, headlights and grill.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_PaRaNoIsE
      Ok...but they bolt right in replacing the stock ones, right? I mean replacing the turn signals, headlights and grill.
      Yes its a straight forward swap...unbolt old existing headlamps, corners, ect... and install new.. You will have to cut and splice the JDM connectors into your wirring harness to get them to work... As the Man said...

Comment

...still confused. Where do I buy the connectors from?

Comment

...still confused. Where do I buy the connectors from?
          You can find the connectors off the older 323 bf chassis will work or older rx7...plenty of those in the junk yards... The lights that I purchased had the connectors included... most mazda cars below 89 had these connectors...

Comment

Originally posted by Clean 4WD
            You can find the connectors off the older 323 bf chassis will work or older rx7...plenty of those in the junk yards... The lights that I purchased had the connectors included... most mazda cars below 89 had these connectors...
            And one last time, just to be on the safe side (even though I may sound incredibly stupid saying this) repeat everything one last time in as much a detailed way as possible...please <.<;; >.>;;?

Comment

Comment

ok ok ok repeat it one more time please lol lol
                93 protege lx 190k, stick, girlie green

Comment

Sadly...I got the Japan ones but the connection came with the other socket. So if anything happens the turn signal can be rmeoved like the US was (if that makes sense).

Comment

sh!t,... i didnt know u had to do any of this for the swap... can't u just unplug the bulb socket out of the usdm corners, plug it into the jdm corners... and same for the heads....?
                    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard
                      sh!t,... i didnt know u had to do any of this for the swap... can't u just unplug the bulb socket out of the usdm corners, plug it into the jdm corners... and same for the heads....?
                      Obviously no. The connectors are completly different. I got my connectors from a second generation RX-7 in the junkyard, spliced my factory ones and connected the RX-7 ones. Then the JDM headlights are a direct bolt-on of the USDM ones. As for the turn signals same thing, only they'll fit in with the JDM ones in place.

Comment

pics

Comment

Some pics
                          '93 Protege DX 5spd'
                          2" Exhaust System
                          2.5" Custom Intake System
                          Other minor tuning (timing, etc)

Comment

Obviously no. The connectors are completly different. I got my connectors from a second generation RX-7 in the junkyard, spliced my factory ones and connected the RX-7 ones. Then the JDM headlights are a direct bolt-on of the USDM ones. As for the turn signals same thing, only they'll fit in with the JDM ones in place.
                            k. thnx
                            1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                            Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                            "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
                            X