shifter fell through!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shifter fell through!

well....my shifter recently fell through and i tried to rig it up, but it feels retarded now. a while back, i saw a thread about a part that holds up fallen shifters. i don't remeber what its called so a cant really run a decent search for it. does any know what i'm talking about? if so, can you post a link to it. thanks.
    my name is blooprint and i'm a boostaholic.

-------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

thank you thank you thank you!!!!
      my name is blooprint and i'm a boostaholic.

Comment

1. Drill hole through floor/shifter plate
        2. Bolt them together
        3. Profit

'99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

I agree with mike here, or 2 screw through the side work well too.

Comment

i held mine up with a bungie cord to the sunroof and then filled the space with windowweld works great now
            eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell
              i held mine up with a bungie cord to the sunroof and then filled the space with windowweld works great now
              I'm going to try that, mine fell yesterday.

Comment

try inverting a coil spring isolator bushing over the shifter at the base.
                part number at advance auto is cc100 i believe.It is just big enough to fit the center if you seat it all the way down and it allows the linkage to move without tearing up anything....but you gotta push it on , it is tight.

Hows that for ghetto engineering?

Comment

This is probably worse than others advice, but this happened to me over a year ago and i took off center console and used 14 gauge wire around the linkage to the tranny and up through the hole to the large studs in the car to hold it up. Hasnt broken yet.

This takes 20 minutes and about 25 cents

Comment

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic...b20bec6233f7c1
                    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                    X