lower control arm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower control arm help

i was looking online and calling stealerships to see if i can find the piece that connects to the back of the front lower control arm where the rear bushing is.the 1st dealership i called said that there are 2 different part numbers 1 for the dx and 1 for the lx. the next one i called said the same but told me one said soft and the other is hard. im guessing the lx=hard and dx=soft. now i have the poly zx2 kit. so heres my question

if i order the dx(soft) and take that bushing out and put my polys in would it fit in my lx?

the reason i ask this is cause there is a $30 difference. if its just the stiffness of the bushing i'll just order the dx. because the poly is going in that bushings place. but if there is a size difference then i will order the lx one.
    thanks
    BUSHINGS, 323, Protege, Rear, 2WD, SOHC, Right 91-94 $22.76

BUSHINGS, 323, Protege, Rear, 2WD, DOHC, Right 92-94 $53.66

its number 5
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Turpro; 12-19-2005, 08:41 PM.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

do you have any idea what your showing us??? thats a 626 suspension design. definitely not a BG

your looking to install poly bushings eh?

see this thread.

im not understandign why your looking to find a replacement bracket.... just take your LCA's off spend $50 total & get poly pressed in.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
      do you have any idea what your showing us??? thats a 626 suspension design. definitely not a BG

your looking to install poly bushings eh?

see this thread.

im not understandign why your looking to find a replacement bracket.... just take your LCA's off spend $50 total & get poly pressed in.
      i already had the bushing put in. i just need the bracket that holds the rear bushing into place that slips over the threaded stud that is at the rear of the control arm.

the 626 control arm is the top and the pro is below it. the bushing bracet im talking about is the one that i put an arrow to. the bracket i need is the one that fits over the bushing that they show as number 5.
      Attached Files
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I fully understand what your talking about... (previously unknown two me) there are 2 different bracket sizes for that piece you marked..... I went to ge tmy poly bushigns pressed today.... nope... not gonna happen. energy suspension only provides a bushing that is compatible with the earlier style bracket which is smaller.... I need to update my poly bushing thread list.

best bet is go jyshopping till you can find the right bracket.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Does that diagram mean that the only differences in the suspension between 323 & 626 are the control arms? The spindles and hub assembly's are the same?

Hmmm...can you confirm this, turpro?
          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

highly doubtful that the 626 lower arm is identical.

Comment

Ryan, that isn't at all what I said. Please pay a bit more attention to posts.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

my bad man... no the 626 suspension is completely different tho.. similar but not quite.
                hubs/spindles are different.

Comment

Ok. Damn piece of **** diagrams.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

so the best thing would be to order the 93 lx ones. thanks for the help.
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                    X