Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Regional Protege Clubs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regional Protege Clubs

For those of you interested in getting together with other Protege drivers for various events, there are two operating clubs in our area of which some of you may not be aware. From north to south:

NEPOC (New England Protege Owner's Club) has their own sub-forum on the Mazda Clubs section of www.msprotege.com and you can go there for more information. The club president, Chris, who posts on that forum under the S/N slug420 is a frequent contributor to that Forum. I've met Chris a number of times at Kent Falls, he drives a Mazdaspeed Protege. At the last Kent Falls meet, he was there with a number of his fellow club members, all a great group of guys, and a young lady, who has an interesting job at the Lime Rock race track in CT. NEPOC always has some interesting events planned so if you live in the New England area, check them out.

MTMA (Mazda Team Mid-Atlantic) is headquartered in NJ but has chapters in NY, PA and DE. Its president is Justin who is a moderator on msprotege under the S/N jersey emt. Justin and his fellow club members frequently post upcoming club events on that Forum. Justin used to own a MSP but now owns a Miata. Additionally, MTMA has its own website, http://www.mazdateam.org where you can obtain more information and submit a membership application if so inclined.

MTMA has a variety of events planned including 'Fun Runs', trips and just hanging out. Currently, for the winter, some club members meet every Tuesday night in Woodbridge, NJ just to get together.

I've been on two Fun Runs with the MTMA where I've met Justin and his lovely fiance who attends many of the meets. Two very nice people as are all the other MTMA members I've met. Incidently, you don't have to be a member to attend their events. To give you an idea of what it's like, check out my description of the last Fun Run I attended in September at:

Happy Motoring!
    Last edited by goldstar; 12-29-2005, 09:29 AM.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter
Working...
X