Click click when turning?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click click when turning?!

Uhh to begin with its with my 89 (beater) tracer/323. Sure its not a BG but one year off damnit! Anywho. As of a few days ago i heard a clicking when turning left and accelerating and i thought it was coming from the back but today noticed its from the front when i turned my head and heard it clearer. It sounds like the usual axle click click but i've never had one go on me so i'm not 100% sure. Also near my house it seemed to now do it when turning right as well but not as loud. WTF did both decide to go within a few days of each other?!

PS: I did replace the boots last year after they broke with those quick boot dealies but eh i doubt it matters now. Car has 145k as of yesterday and i think factory axles!

PPS: Forgot to mention the original louder when turning left clicking sounds like its coming from the passengers side.
    Last edited by Tazman2; 01-04-2006, 04:58 PM.
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Have you checked for torn CV boots yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      Not recently no. But assuming they are torn they (axles) are dead anyway no?!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

A torn CV boot doesnt mean that your whole axel is junk. The only thing that could fail if you have a torn CV boot is your Constant Velocity joint. I wouldn't assume that a CV joint needs to be replaced just because the boot is torn. If you catch it in time, you can save the CV joint and just replace the boot. But if your CV joint is clicking, then it's too late, and you need a new CV joint.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          My thoughts as well.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
            But if your CV joint is clicking, then it's too late, and you need a new CV joint.
            Yeah thats what i thought. I already "saved" it before on each side when they tore. Thing is which side is it? I assume the P/S but not 100% sure....

Comment

Well, I'd start by taking a look at the boots. Just because the noise happens when you turn to the left doesn't mean that the left CV joint has failed. When you turn to the right, the left CV joint still moves, and vice versa. If you hear the noise coming from the right side, then your right CV joint is junk. Don't forget to check out your front end.....b.j.'s, t.r.e.'s, l.c.a.b.'s, w.b.'s.....ect.

Comment

My whole front end is new on the car minus the LCA bushings, etc. Ball joints, tie rods both inner and outer, bearings, seals on hub, etc. are all new within the last 12 months! This was my daily/ONLY driver before i got the EGT so i got alittle ahead of myself! =D Either way i just got both axles non reman from ebay for $120 with NO core charge can't beat that! And yes the right side clicks when i turn left! But like i also said it seems to click when going right too when i was close to being back home so eh. $120 for the sake of the little sanity i have = the win! =D Especially when most places charge $120-140 including core for just one and are remans! Also the boots were replaced about hmm 8-10k ago so basicly the axle is shot period. Thanks guys! Wish me luck with that 100+ ft lb axle bolt and probably c-clip in the tranny!

Comment

Cool man.....way to have an optimistic outlook . have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    Cool man.....way to have an optimistic outlook . have fun!
                    If you wanna call it that! :microwave

Comment

UPDATE.... Finally got a chance to look at the car today even though my axles didn't come yet ( ) and it seems that one of little bolts that was holding the "quick boot" on broke on one end on the actual rubber piece and seperated the boot just enough to make the grease go byebye. So i bootlegged it back together for now after filling with grease and the ticking seems to be gone so hopefully this will work for a month or two before it gets warmer and i can just put on the new axles!

Comment

Good to hear man. Sounds like a real canadian connection tho.

Comment

Working...
                        X