Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could stop the thieves, would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could stop the thieves, would you?

Since a few of us have had our pride and joy violated in the last week, I have a question for those of us with something worth stealing.

If you could guaranty that anybody breaking into your car would get caught, would you do it? There would be a trade off though. You would have to let law enforcement monitor your car 24 hours a day by both GPS, plus some type of interactive monitoring devise. You would essentially be giving up all privacy for the satisfaction of knowing your stuff was protected. I could see lower insurance rates because of a service like this as well. After a time, it could be standard on all new cars as a requirement of full insurance coverage. Only those people buying their cars outright could exempt themselves from the service/stipulation.

Anyway, I’m sure you can see where this is going. Would you do it?
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

have you ever heard of boomerang?

Comment

2 words...

Trunk Monkey.....goldstar has one ask him how effective it has been for him im sure he has a great story about it lol

Comment

2-way spread spectrum alarm plus a starter relay kill circuit along with a handgun is what i trust

Comment

I have a nice, big 1-1/4" wrench. It's about 2 feet long and would wallop a good "thud" on someones head.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yes, since I've installed Trunk Monkey I've had no problems. One attempt was made but it was ruled a justifiable homicide. You don't have to give up any privacy with this system but it does cut into some of my, and my family's, free time and it's not exactly cheap. Whenever I bring my machine back to base, it has to be let out to be fed and watered. Then, it likes to work out with my weights to keep fit. After all, you never know when it might have to deliver that killing blow. Once a year, it goes back to the company for a two week refresher course in unarmed combat. Of course, during that time, the company provides you with a free loaner. Since I have no other protection, while its out of the car, either my wife or son has to stand personal guard over it to prevent any theft attempts. But, since it's a family activity that we all share in, it just brings us that much closer together. All in all, a worthwhile investment and one I definitely recommend to all concerned about their car's security.

For more info, check out: http://www.trunkmonkey.com
            You'll be glad you did.

Happy Motoring!
            02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
            MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
            MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
            MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
            Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
            Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
            Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
            Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
            Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
            Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
            Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

lmfao!
              1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
              1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
              2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
              1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Working...
              X