help!! lost keys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!! lost keys!

umm...wow..it's been a while since i posted here..

well anyway...i lost my keys on monday. it has the keys to my protege and the remote for keyless entry.

i've never lost my keys before...so i guess i'm looking for advice on what to do?

my dad called me and said mazda charges like a hundred something to make new keys...i'm sure there are ways around this.

i was just on ebay and they sell the transmitter for the keyless entry mechanism....but i dunno if i should buy those to replace the one i lost? i'm sure it would have to be reprogrammed somehow.

also, i'm getting my spare key up here soon....any tips on how to duplicate it?

i'm a college student so i dont have much money...

any advice and help on this would be VERY appreciated.

thanks so much everyone.

brian.

e-mail: hastethisday@gmail.com
    AIM: embers n envlops
    Brian
    2002 Mazda Protege LX Black Mica

Currently attending Lehigh University...Bethlehem, PA

a few hundred???? when i called mazda to have my key replaced after i broke it in the ingntion they said htey could make me a new key for 10 dollars ,

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
      a few hundred???? when i called mazda to have my key replaced after i broke it in the ingntion they said htey could make me a new key for 10 dollars ,
      okay...i'm sorry...maybe i exaggerated. but it was like 140ish.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BL_Protege
        okay...i'm sorry...maybe i exaggerated. but it was like 140ish.
        oh alright well they still told me 10 lol...

good luck

Comment

Are 3rd gen keys chipped?

If not, then you just go to Home Depot or anyone else who can make copies of keys and they'll do it for you.

As for the keyless entry remote you can get one from ebay but you'll have to go to the dealer to get it re-programmed. Before you buy it though, call the dealer to see if they can do it and how much it'll cost.

Comment

just get a copy of the key at walmart. it is $2.
            2000 DX, Blue
            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Yeah, they're not chipped and so you can get it copied anywhere.

Comment

well he cant get one at walmart because he doesnt have one to copy he lost the key... so he would have to go to mazda.. with his vin number and title wich is what i was told 10 dollars for.. so all in alll do that

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                  well he cant get one at walmart because he doesnt have one to copy he lost the key... so he would have to go to mazda.. with his vin number and title wich is what i was told 10 dollars for.. so all in alll do that
                  He has a spare though.

Originally posted by BL_Protege
                  also, i'm getting my spare key up here soon....any tips on how to duplicate it?

Comment

oh i missed that part.. lol oops

Comment

yea Walmart will hook you up with an extra key. As far as calling Mazda to get another remote programmed if you buy another off ebay i didnt have to call Mazda i got the hook up on the programming. So if you need it just hit me up and I will help you out. Good Luck!!
                      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

thanks a lot guys. i appreciate it....sorry i didn't get around to replying till now...rush has been really busy and it's over soon thank god.

anyway, i have my spare with me now. and i'm planning on getting a keyless entry remote on ebay...and also blank keys off ebay and just getting the key cut to the spare.

does walmart cut keys? you guys said 2 bucks there? is that to get a key cut?

also....i read another post here on clubprotege...but i dunno if this flowchart is actually true...

according to that. they said you can just follow that flowchart and you can reprogram the remote yourself. any thoughts?

thanks so much for the help everyone.
                        Brian

Comment

Yea it cost about that much at walmart for the key the cutting is free. It depends on what type of key you pick there too but they are not expensive. I guess you could follow the flowchart and see if you cant get it that way just pm me and let me see if i can help you out whenever you get one! Glad you had a spare!! Good Luck man
                          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

You don't even need to buy the blank online, it's a standard type that any place that cuts them should have.

Comment

Working...
                            X