Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bewildering number of choices for 2001 Protege Intake (2.0 Engine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bewildering number of choices for 2001 Protege Intake (2.0 Engine)

Hi, i'm trying to make a decision on which intake to add to my 2001 Protege(Automatic, with the 2.0 Engine) and recently came upon www.corksport.com. They have a wide variety of options, with a wide variety of prices as well:

1. AUTO EXE Ram-Air Intake $535
    2. HKS Super Mega Flow Intake (1.8/2.0L) $128
    3. INJEN Intake System (2.0L) $249
    4. K&N Typhoon Intake System ('01- 2.0L) $518

Which one will offer the best performance? I can't seem to find any of these items on websites, so it is difficult to make a meaningful comparison, at least in terms of specs. The only thing i can figure out among these is that the Injen is mostly for top end power. Can anybody help with this? Thanks in advance.

Dave

First, I would like to recommend this site, excellent service and probably better prices.

General consensus is that the K&N has the best power gain, but honestly you probably can't tell any difference if you tried them all. All these intakes are going to be geared toward top-end, in fact you will lose a bit of that bottom end torque.

Comment

The K&N used to be alot cheaper. I got mine for $265.00 not on line. The Injen has the same bends to it. My K&N made my car run like a completely differant vehicle. I think the price on that K&N might be a miss print call and check. If not I would go with the Injen.

After alittle homework, Protegegarage does have the K&N for $250.00, so I think Corksports website has a miss print.

Go with the K&N!!!
      Last edited by dwpeek; 02-12-2006, 02:34 PM.
      Stuff for sale PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
      X