X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To folks with GTX/GTR cams. (BP26)

NEW INFORMATION.... MORE POWER

GTX exhaust cam with the distributer drive cut off & placed on the intake side has now been tested & dyno tuned.

current setup in my car is as follows

GTX exhaust cam-INTAKE cut distributer drive rotated 180° clockwise advanced 2 teeth & advanced 1.5°
    (install gear with dowel pointing towards the "I" mark, make a new mark 180° from the "I" mark as a new base mark)

NA exhaust cam- EXHAUST retarded 6°

Retarded:left
    Advance:right

Using this combination I retained the stock GTX valve overlap of 10° @ 2 teeth advanced 8.5° overlap after advancing it 1.5°

using the cam combination listed above you increase your total duration 17°
    14 on the intake side. 3 on the exhaust.
    intake side has an increased lift of .020"

It does make more power, im not exactly certain how much more, but im positive its @ least 8WHP just the same as the NA version of this system.
    under boost however numbers can greatly increase.
    Attached Files
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

good info but do you have any dyno sheets for this?

Comment

The ones today. He got a lot of power off the cams. He is also just running 8.5 psi and AF is 12-12.5 throughout

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

207.27whp & 189.74 Ft. Lbs @8.5psi
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Id love to see the dyno graph of that because it doesn't sound like the usual GTX dyno (due to the difference in torque and hp) Would you be able to post it?

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
            207.27whp & 189.74 Ft. Lbs @8.5psi
            son of a bitch! makes me wish i still had my gtx. i wondered about this possibly workign due to the n/a working so well. i could have seen 220whp plus!

NEUMAN

Comment

i don't have the sheet ATM as the printer @ the shop was not hooked up to the laptop

Comment

mind you its not the usual GTX its a NA motor with a VF10 hybrid so slightly higher compression & no swirl port blockage.

Comment

still a nice cam swap would have made more power from me. i knew you had the vf10. then a nice set of cam gears to help tune it out it could have happened!

NEUMAN

Comment

Question, would the NA Exintake cam with the Stock GTX exhaust cam have made the same or different (more/less) power? I'd be curious to see which setup worked the best for you.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

It would be nice to see some baselines as well on the same car where one variable is changed at a time. But I know dyno time is expensive.

Comment

haha, i get free dyno runs ATM but yeah,

No the NA exhintake cam would of had a more negative effect. it increases the valve overlap on the NA system to 21° from 19° & that would wind up with seriously more overlap using the GTX exhaust cam with the NA exhintake cam.

Boost doesn't like overlap. less =better

Comment

look like I will be pulling a NA Exhaust cam when I get to the j/y again.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i have a question regarding the N/A cams...
                            i have a gt-r, with cams that are the stock ones.

i bought a set of N/A DOHC cams a few weeks ago, because they were hell cheap .

if i could use them in the gt-r it would be ok, otherwise i'll keep them and maybe let them be regrinded for use in a N/A which maybe my girlfriend will buy...

so - does anyone use N/A cams on a gtx or gt-r?
                            if yes, any help or hint would be welcome! thanks!

greetz from vienna,
                            roman

Comment

the NA cams are not used soley in the turbo applications because they have a large valve overlap. This hurts performance. There are folks that run the NA cams, but they are losing on valuable power.

The GTR cams are identical to the GTX ones. BP26. use a BP26 exhaust cam on the intake side & a NA exhaust cam on the exhaust side. This method creates the most aggressive profiles *for turbo use* you can get with factory cams. See above degrees of rotation for actual install.

Comment

Working...
                              X