Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bp26 exhaust cam has slightly lower specs then the NA one, which is why i chose what i did.

What im really curious about is the BP22 intake cam & its specs. very curious about that.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

so the best is to use GTX cam/ GTR cams all the way?

exhaust and intake?

Comment

I think you need to re-read what this thread is about there Johnny
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

yeah but there some things that I cant understand!

I will re-read then and post my Qs

Comment

How many Hp, you could probably be loosing if you use the n/a cam instead of the gtr ones?
            94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

nobody really knows the answer to that question Loco R

Comment

how much more overlap does the NA cam have versus the GTX(R) ones?

Boosted applications like less overlap where NA setups usually benefit from more.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

8 GTX VS 19 stock NA if memory is right, & thats a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                    8 GTX VS 19 stock NA if memory is right, & thats a big difference
                    agreed. This is why an NA motor that has been boosted would see gains from either GTX(R) cams or cam gears on NA cams to lessen the overlap.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post

What im really curious about is the BP22 intake cam & its specs. very curious about that.
                      Ive got a BP22 inlet cam and on the same engine it as a BP05 exhaust cam
                      vs my BP05 inlet cam and BP06 exhaust cam from my Jap spec engine

im really looking forward to this ExhauINT cam mod, but im not sure what N/A cam to cut up

i guess i can get some messurements off the BP22 cam for ya

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                      1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

please do get the specs on the bp22 inlet cam! you may find its the same or more then the bp06 exhaust cam. get some specs

Comment

Any more tests done on this? Opinions changed?

So "the best" combo for boosted application is BP26 exhaust cam on the intake side and a BP05 exhaust cam on the Exhaust side, correct? Or is a full set of BP26 cams still a better option?
                          BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

Rob! welcome back! haven't seen many post from you recently, hope the car is still running up to par & beyond.

Best combo is the Bp26 exhaust cam on the intake, & BP05 exhaust cam on the exhaust. bottom line

Comment

Cheers for that mate. I'm just about to install this setup into my engine litterly RIGHT NOW!

Yeah been fairly quiet of late...I have a new job working for Boeing on the FA-18's here in Aus which is fantastic.

As for the car...not so fantastic. Had a front end accident in it back in january which it was off the rd up untill may. Then 2 days after getting it back, something metal had found its way into combustion chamber No.2 and well, basically full rebuild.

SO! Almost finished that, and i have a spare set of BP05 cams and a spare set of BP26 cams, so I thought i may as well look into this, seeing though i also now have adjustable cam gears.

I'll post all the details in another thread when I'm finished and have a bit more time.

Cheers again
                              ROB.
                              BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

Most Excellent, i'll await to hear your good results.

Comment

Working...
                                X