X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower but by how much?

1.5 inch
    2.25 inch

im thinking 1.5 in will be dramatic enough to be noticed, and easy driving in terms of not having to be insane about speed bumps and such, as long as I go slow...

2.25 seems like it's too much. (2.5 in the poll is actually 2.25 but i screwed up.
    1.5 in
    64.71%
    2.5 in
    35.29%

I have the H&R kit, very subtle and I wouldn't want to go any lower for practicalities sake. I already scrape on really steep drives.

Comment

the H&R's are 1.3 right?

i'm leaning nto the 1.5 drop, seems more practical than slamming.

Comment

Originally posted by strutman
        the H&R's are 1.3 right?

i'm leaning nto the 1.5 drop, seems more practical than slamming.
        I think so, I did them awhile ago, so I don't remember. It's subtle, but if someone knows what they're looking at they know it's not stock. I actually had someone ask me about it (3rd gen owner), he said that the way it went over bumps gave it away. I can't say enough good things about the H&R kit, I have it paired with GR-2s and the suspension travel is very well controlled, not bouncy, but not too stiff either.

Comment

Apex springs seem like a good alternative to the H&R's. I am actually considering them because 1.3" looks OEM.

Comment

i have the apex lowering springs... they drop it 1.75 front and rear

Comment

Apex, and I thought they were 1.6".

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                Apex, and I thought they were 1.6".

edited my post.. i'm not sure.. i was told 1.75, i'll have to measure it to be sure when i put them back on in the spring

Comment

I'm quoting the sticky here. It might be wrong. Let's Google it.

Well, here's a site that sells them and they advertise 1.6" drop. http://www.ppsonline.net/spring_apex.htm

Comment

results are going to vary slightly from person to person, 1.75 is close enough to 1.6 that i think i'd say both are probably accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      I'm quoting the sticky here. It might be wrong. Let's Google it.

Well, here's a site that sells them and they advertise 1.6" drop. http://www.ppsonline.net/spring_apex.htm

yep.. you're right it turn out i'm just forgetful i looked back to my post of when i just put them on. 1.6 is correct
                      Last edited by protegewill; 02-23-2006, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I only have experience with the 3rd gen, but the 1.5" drop I got from installing Eibach springs was VERY noticeable, looked very good, and didn't give me much trouble from scraping.

Comment

what size rims you have??

i'd go with 1.5
                          Originally posted by 90prtege
                          have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                          Originally posted by Turpro
                          Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                          CRZbrussian: that sux
                          CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                          CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

14's with giant ass rally tires... hahaa looks nice tho

Comment

Originally posted by strutman
                              14's with giant ass rally tires... hahaa looks nice tho
                              Bah, impossible
                              Anyways, i voted for 1.5" to be safe because unless your car is a show/track-only car, 2.25" will probably have you scraping parts on the ground and possibly cause some clearance issues with your tires inside the fenders.

Comment

Working...
                              X