wheres my starter interlock switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheres my starter interlock switch?

where is the starter interlock switch located?

Do you have an auto or a 5 spd?

On a 5 spd it's on your clutch pedal. On an auto it's integrated in the gear selector.

Comment

I've wondered about that. There must be some way to disable the starter interlock while leaving the clutch switch able to break cruise control.

Of course I have no idea how or where to do that, but if anyone else has already done it...
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by me109
        I've wondered about that. There must be some way to disable the starter interlock while leaving the clutch switch able to break cruise control.

Of course I have no idea how or where to do that, but if anyone else has already done it...
        Yes. There are two different switches on the clutch pedal. The smaller one is for the cruise control cutout, and the larger one is the starter interlock. Just unplug it and jump it. I've been thinking about doing this myself.

Comment

Working...
        X