Power windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power windows.

Hey all, i'm new to joining the forums but i have read on about all the projects for some time now and doing so has inspired me to work on my protege.. I currently own a 00 protege SE and i was wondering if it was possible to convert manual windows to power. I have no idea if the door panel can support it, but i have read on another guy who added power windows to his DX. are the door panels the same? if so where would i beable to grab the equipment to achieve this goal? remember i wanna keep the stock window look (meaning dont like those aftermarket big box window control pad) i'm just looking to have a nice clean look. If someone could get back with me on that i would really appreciate it. thanks.
    00' protege SE - Current mods -

Audio - Dual 12" Audiobahn 400watt rms subwoofers (800 watt total), 500 watt 4 channel sony amplifier, Sony xplod mp3 deck.

Exterior - M3 amber LED mirrors

The door panels are not the same, but I'm sure if you got the controls for the power windows you could find a way to fit them in the ones you've got. Check junkyards near you to get the equipment, or try www.car-part.com if you can't find it locally.

Comment

ok, if i were to custom-do them myself would it look totally stupid? or will it look like stock? because what i want to go for is the black on silver interior (sorta like the mazdaspeed edition protege)

Audio - Dual 12" Audiobahn 400watt rms subwoofers (800 watt total), 500 watt 4 channel sony amplifier, Sony xplod mp3 deck.

Comment

That all depends on the work you do. If you take your time, plan carefully, use OEM type materials, etc., I'm sure you could make it look stock. If you just hack some holes and throw the **** together it probably won't. First thing I would do is get familiar with the power versions of your car, at the junkyard or at a dealership or something (or just pictures on the web).

Comment

alright, well i'll see what i can do, and if im successful i will post some pictures and possibly a tutorial for anyone who is as inspired as i am. thx for the help.

Comment

you could try autoloc.com they make power window converters!!
            DA KID YOUNG MIC

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/457390

Comment

If you were to purchase the window motors and interior door trim from a car that had power windows (from a wreckers) there's no reason why anyone would be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Working...
              X