This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turpro
    is your car all original or you rebuild or replace anything?
    the original engine was replaced at 265,000 miles. the original transmission was replaced at 315.000 miles. and is still in use today in another car.
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Man thats alot! My Infini Gear box is still going (feels like its on its way out now though) and my car has done over 230,000kms (sorry mine reads in Kms not miles) but its the 3rd engine.

I cant really say my car has been very relyable. There was always something going wrong with it since i bought it almost 2years ago! Almost everything has been replaced sooner or later. Sadly everything packed up on me just after I bought it.

Flippen cars ah! Love Hate relationship! haha
      Jamie - Mazda Infini Turbo 4 Sale- yesidoeatpie@hotmail.com

Comment

mine loves me, specially when i touch it real good like. It likes having my hands run all over its smooth outer.
        .....ooo that sounds so dirty :Blue:
        When you give it new parts it holds you closely in its seats mx3 lumbared tilt seats that is.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Chassis 198k, motor 14k, tranny 160k
          1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
            the original engine was replaced at 265,000 miles. the original transmission was replaced at 315.000 miles. and is still in use today in another car.
            Dayum!

That's a long life.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
              thats a great feat.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

let see... im at 186,XXX miles on the body.

ive had the car since may 03, and i got it with 132XXX miles.

on the motor i have probably in the area of 100k miles (junkyard motor in AMAZING condition!) i have no idea how many miles are on my trannys ive gone through like 3 and have a 4th as a backup ive replaced the clutch once with an ACT clutch and its held up great!
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

217,xxx and I know nothing about its history. yet.
                  c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

My '94 DX has 164XXX on it. I just recently bought it to replace a '88 Accord DX and my first car was a '88 MX-6

Comment

My 91 Lx I bought back in 1995 with 60xxx and today with still running with 132xxx al original motor and tranny (auto). Only problem I had with 1 set cv axles and 2 sets of motor mounts and I think it needs a third set.

Comment

Bought my '91 recently with 122k on it. Everything was original on this car, not one this has been done but a timing belt.

-Tyler
                        '88 MX-6 GT - The Never-Ending Project
                        '91 4WD Protege
                        '88 Bronco - 351W

Want to Buy a 4WD Protege?

Comment

just turned 140,000. I am the 2nd owner. I have all paper work associated w/ any work ever done to the car since new. Oil changes, timing belts, brakes,....everything. The stack of paper is like 1" thick.

Anybody else have the original window sticker from their bg?
                          Pic is crap...
                          Attached Files
                          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

my Pro DX has 139.xxx miles on it and runs great. sept the need to get a tuneup. but still it dont miss
                            stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
                              just turned 140,000. I am the 2nd owner. I have all paper work associated w/ any work ever done to the car since new. Oil changes, timing belts, brakes,....everything. The stack of paper is like 1" thick.

Anybody else have the original window sticker from their bg?
                              Pic is crap...
                              I just turned 181,000 miles.

That's cool that you have that sticker Randy.

Comment

106,9xx.x on my 1993 LX soon new brakes and calipers, otherwise still going strong. what do you think shes still got left? im guessing 250 if i baby her.
                                Eat the Insane Root.

Comment

Working...
                                X