My audio plans. Input appreciated. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My audio plans. Input appreciated. :)

Now this isn't going to happen for a while, but I think I've got everything figured out for what I'm going to do.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400MP (already got it )
    Front speakers: CDT Audio Classic Series 6.5" Components
    Rear speakers: CDT Audio Classic Series 6.5" 2-way Speakers
    Speaker amp: Avionixx 440.4
    Sub: Elemental Designs e12K in a vented box (according to their specs)
    Sub amp: Avionixx 400.2 bridged
    Wires: Knukonceptz

Then I'll put some sound deadening in there to keep some of the rattles out.

Am I missing anything else? I don't think I am but it's 2AM so who knows.

Anyways, that's what I want to go for.. And then I get to ricerify my interior and highlight the audio stuff in the trunk with some nice good ol' fasioned neon.

Sounds like a very good system. What kind of car is this going in? If it is a P5, then there is no need to get the rear speakers and a 4-channel amp, when all you will need is a 2-channel amp and the front components

Comment

is cdt a good brand?
      My OLD Car

Comment

Yes, it is a P5. I figured I might as well wire all of the speakers up so they'll all be sitting at around 85 rms, and I'd just run a wire to the crossovers and then one to each rear. I do know that rears really are more for fill and granted yes I do have more front bias. Do you really think I'd be better off with just a two channel and amping the fronts and ignoring the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
          is cdt a good brand?

yep

N2OInferno, if you've got the money, i prefer to amp everything, so i have more control over it all it's not necessary to amp rear speakers, and for a budget system i don't normally recomend it.

Comment

To be honest...in my car I had rear Focal speakers in the doors and had them amped and I feel they just drew too much attention away from the front channel. The only way it sounded good was to fade the rear channel out. I think the only thing the rear doors would be good for would be some 8" midbass speakers to add a little more low end to the soundstage.

That is what I might actually do in my car if I do not redo my front door to accomodate an 8" and a 5.25" set

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm just gonna amp everything right now and see how it turns out. First I have to fix my car though and that's going to cost around 600 dollars.. If you want a story I'll tell ya, but it'll take a while to get it all down.

Comment

make a thread about it, and post a link in here

trashed cars are always sad.

in about 2-3 days i'll be able to tell you what the e12k.14 + Avionixx 400.2 sounds like (should be delicious)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

8" midbass in rear doors?

i just recently noticed that there were places in the rear doors for speakers and i was thinking of how to use that to my advantage.... i currently have the CDT components in the front and the Boston NXs in the rear deck and both are amp'd with an eclipse amp 50 true watts to 4 channels. to me, for some reason, it just doesnt sound right, so every now and then i fade fully to rear and front to check if the speakers are blown and each set of speakers sound great on their own but when its together it just sounds loud and sometimes unclear. any one have ne suggestions? would edeading around it help? anyway.... back to the 8" midbass... im definitly hyped about looking into that but how would u fit the 8" drivers in the rear doors? i currently have subs in the trunk amp'd but i want to get rid of it because its just too much bass to me. i like the sound of the bass coming from in the car instead of the trunk like from a really good stock system from the dealership (i.e. the Xterra, i love that sound system, the bass was nice and it all just flowed really well. thanks guys...

Comment

dafoo21, where do you normally have your speakers faded? is it balanced, or faded more to the front? try adjusting your's more to the front, one level at a time, till you get the sound you want sound dampening around the speakers is always a good idea, because it reduces the metal vibrations, which reduces the distortion as far as putting 8's in the rear doors, it'd take a bit of work, but it wouldn't be too hard. it'd have to be mounted on the front side of the door panel, since i don't think there'd be enough mounting depth inside the door i'm going to make some speaker pods for my rear doors that will house the 6.5" components, and they will be facing the rear passengers, so they don't interfere with the front sound as much

Comment

Working...
                    X