Project for FE3T Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project for FE3T Swap

Okay guys here the deal My goal is to have a 1994 Mazda protege that puts out 300hp without to much stress. For this idea i think the best way to go (and please correct me if i'm wrong) would be would be to first swap out the stock engine with a FE3 engine. Have a customized turbo setup on it. Larger fuel injectors, SDS ecu, a good clutch and flywheel, and whatever it takes to make this work. But here is where i get stuck, what kind of tranny do i put in that will be able to handle that kind of power for everyday use. Prodigies of protege's please help me with this stressful problem that is keeping this vision hidden from the world

G series.
    a first gen US spec LX tranny, or in canada the GT model tranny.
    Assuming you've got a BP the engine should handle that much power just fine.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

a regular old BP motor with a t3/t4 can give you 300hp with a good EMS

Comment

yes but a BP won't spool a t3/t4 worth a **** when compared next to a 2.0 or 2.3L
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I plan on doing this swap as well. i've gain a bit of knowledge on it we should chat sometime.

The FE3 uses the same older mx6 transmission as the mx6 2.2l turbo engine.
          im not sure if it is compatible with newer mx6 or even mx3 transmissions.
          It will be able to support the 300WHP you look to make.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
            yes but a BP won't spool a t3/t4 worth a **** when compared next to a 2.0 or 2.3L

its actually not that bad really...

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
              Not until higher engine speeds anyways.

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                X