This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to all 2nd gen Owners

To all the 2nd gen owners who are browsing this section for the 1st time. I do extend a warm welcome to you. You will find that 2nd gen is broken up into 4 sections
    -- 2nd gen (basic conversation and basic questions/comments)
    -- 2nd gen engine (conversation about everything under the hood
    -- 2nd gen suspension (conversation about everything under the car
    -- 2nd gen exterior/interior (conversation about everything int/ext)

Please try to keep your topics clear and informative, Your topic should pertain to your needs, this way other members will be able to help and make suggestions to the best of the abilities.

Please keep your post in the respective area. Take the time to figure out what your post will entail and then put it in that ceartain section. This will help you get the best results.

You are more than welcome on the board. Each post will be answered with the respect and courtesy that you would expect to recieve.

You may also use the search function to look for certain posts which may pertain to the information that you are about to post. This would save you(the user) from recieveing a "use the search" response. Take a few seconds and see if it was posted previously and then you can take action as desired afterwards.

Thank you for reading and welcome to our 2nd gen section
    Your posts are welcome and your knowledge is always valuable to someone who may not be aware of what you are.
    Post, make friends and have fun....
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Hi to all members

Thank for the warm welcome for 2nd gen owners.
    I'm new to this clubprotege and I find it interesting
    to read the discussions here about mazda cars. I also own a
    2nd mazda familia and I'm sure this site will enhance my knowledge
    concerning mazda cars. Hope I can be of help to others too
    in the near future. Hi to all members!!

Comment

Hi to all fellow mazda enthusiasts!!

im new here, i currently own a mazda gen2.5.... we have a club in the philippines "protegetech.org" hope some of you guys could post at our boards!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/execu2r

"Best in Lowered With Bodykits"
      2006 Protegetech Car Show

Comment

Hi I'm also new here....

I currently own a second gen. mazda also. Just want to learn more about my car and give it proper treatment.

P.S. I'm looking for a rear bumber lol.
        -Rotary

Comment

ones own protege joining la familia

thank ya very much defintely need help on this one getting tips from people (that been were ive been the bottom)

Comment

Hello im new here also!

I don't own a 2nd gen mazda, but I got the car's engine (Z5 1.5L) and its running my Kia pride here in the Phils, i hope i can find home here.

Comment

Originally posted by northpride01 View Post
              Hello im new here also!

I don't own a 2nd gen mazda, but I got the car's engine (Z5 1.5L) and its running my Kia pride here in the Phils, i hope i can find home here.
              Welcome Post up some pics of your ride
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

hi all, the names paul. got a 323 protege for my 19th bday. starting to modify it heavely now. i just installed a dvd system with 2 8" sunvisor monitors and a 4" dvd player, just in the process of ordering a body kit, any suggestions, not many websites do them do they???

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

thanks hope you can see the pix!
                  Last edited by Turpro; 07-21-2008, 05:10 AM.

Comment

That's not a 2nd gen genius.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                    Originally posted by HopelessCow
                    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

White Smoke comes out of exhaust, 1.5L 1995 Mazda Protege

Here is the message that has just been posted:
                      This just under 196,000 mile car is getting oil in the intake. The oil is foaming. There is a moisture coming out of the exhast. I was informed that this was antifreeze mixing with the oil and coming out of the exhaust. I have checked the O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold. There is some white/yellow gritty stuff on the sensor. So, I did a head gasket repair yesterday using Bar Leak Head Gasket repair. The white smoke only appears at acceleration. Yet, there is still blow-by. What do I do. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White_Ivery

Comment

Ok?

Welcome to the Welcome thread. This thread explains how to do what you just didn't do.

Comment

whats up ppl. glad to be on the site i had no idea of the potential of my 2nd gen prote till now go a load of questions

Comment

New here now, 95 Protege DX

Hi,
                            My daughter picked out this car, I bought it for her and she tried to drive it but didn't get the manual tranny thing, so now I have it back. I've been having fun with it.
                            High miles, smokes (blue) after sitting for a few days then when warmed up the smoke goes away (leaky valve seal or head gasket?), now the clutch is acting up, needs new windshield, needs manual passenger side exterior mirror, and some littler plastic parts.
                            Overall a fun little car and good on gas.

Mike

Comment

1.5 or 1.8?
                              | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Working...
                              X