finding more HP fpr the 1.5 jmd mazda 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding more HP fpr the 1.5 jmd mazda 1999

what could be done to get more HP from the 130hp motor the 1.5 comes with.
    Attached Files
    island-p5

intake
    exhast
    header

alot more power can be unlocked with a standalone ecu.

Comment

or do what i do... masturbate until you come up with an idea....
      LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
      Buy my 17x7 Konig silver gloss 5 spoke rims.
      WTB: Garrett T25 Turbo
      Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
      REFs from Xbox-scene.com and bst-scene.com
      Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
      Paypal Verified

Comment

My friend have the same engine he cut off the airbox put in a K&N filter,cut out his catalytic converter and he put on a HKS muffler. The ZL-VE stock exhaust manifold is 4-2-1 so dont change it.

Comment

find a good 4-1 header, you dont want a 4-2-1 that is only going to reduce the top-end power that you make and well, frankly, thats where our cars and all mazdas for the most part make power. a good ecu upgrade from either AEM, microtech, or wolftech or hell even a JET comp upgrade, a good free flowing exhaust and a intake along with new plugs, wires and a oil change will net tons of power as well as reduced internal wear!! : ) happy motoring

Comment

Helllo,

Here from the protege faq the head fit:

Any ZL (1.5l) botom end parts will work with the 1.6l (ZM-DE) engine.The ZL-VE head (which has S-VT) is a direct swap to the ZM-DE engine. You will need to figure out a way to control the hydraulic controller that varies the intake cam timing. This system is similar to the one used in the 2001+ Miata BP-VE engines, so talk to the Miata guys about it the S-VT on their cars to learn more.

source:http://web2.airmail.net/theman/prote...ds_engine.html

also the piston from B6 engin found on miata 90-93 should fit

11:1 compression toda racing piston and other compagnie i forget the name make some piston for b6 with high compression

The piston from toda racing are over sise 81mm vs 78mm for stock. The ZM-DE(1.6) have more stroke than the ZL-VE(1.5) (83mm for 1.6 vs 78mm for 1.5) That meen more stroke and bore and more compression more hp.

On top of that continous variable timming for the valve.

There the information about the ZM-DE and B6 share some part

The 'Z' engines are a new family which is an evoltion of the 'B' engine. The head is entirely different with round ports and narrow valve angles but the shortblock is nearly the same as the B6.

source:http://members.aol.com/solomiata/MX5Engine.html

The intake manifold on 1.6 found europe have dual runner.

There for more info on protege faq

web2.airmail.net/theman/protegefaq

Basicly you should find 1.6l block and swap the piston with one from B6 found miata. Put the 1.6l euro intake manifold and put your 1.5l head.

Your get more power because the rod found on the 1.6 have more stroke and with piston from B6 have more bore that meen bigger volume combustion chamber.

Seb

Comment

Wow seb got that on lock. Nice work.

Comment

what about putting on a ZM-DE air manifold on the Zl-VE. ??

Comment

Hello,

Should work. I recommend to use the Euro ZM-DE. The euro one have dual runner.

Seb

Comment

how to get a Euro ZM-DE manifold

Comment

port and polish?

Comment

problem finding part for same model

i've got the same model, came up with a leaking problem. unfortunately cant find a proper replacement part for the head gasket and valve cover gasket as they call it. :S any1 could help me out? as i said its the same model 1.5L DOHC S-VT ZL engine.

Comment

Just buy a 50-75 wet nitrous Kit and you will get hooked in a heartbeat!

I disagree with the 4-2-1 vs. a 4-1, I got the Pacesetter header on my 1.8 DOHC BP block, there was susbstantial gain at the top end, in the contrary it tends to loose some low end, but that is my own personal opinion and is clearly different from yours.

A 4-1 is more drastic "race" header especially made from what I understand for the top end.

Comment

That has to be spam...
                            1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

why not just turbo the 1.5 and make more power running low boost than all your n/a mods combined?

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                              2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                              Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X