To Be Carb Or Not ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Be Carb Or Not ???

so what`s better? fuel injection? or carb????? what "good`s" each one has to offer?
    any one has a str8 and clean reason for it?????
    sigpicOf all the things i`ve lost.. i miss my mind the most....

fuel injection is better better atomization better fuel metering. carb has coolnest points to it and when tuned properly can pretty much equal the output of a fuel injected motor however where i dont know of any good carbs for our cars if planning to modify beyond exhaust work i would go with fuel.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

^ he pretty much summed it up.

However if you are looking for cool factor, I would go with a dual weber carb setup. If you are going for simplicity and easier tuneability, stick with fuel injection.

Personally if I had the money, Id opt for the weber sidedrafts...nothing beats that!
      Eat ****.

Comment

For better tuning, fuel economy, emissions, reliability, and plenty of other reasons, fuel injection is the way to go.

Comment

carbs look kinda cool, but only idiots prefer carbs over fuel injection. Carbs screw up if they're at weird angles, if the humidity changes, if the altitude changes, they hate turbos, they hate being normally aspirated too! They don't work well at low rpm if they work at high rpm, and they don't work at high rpm if they work well at low rpm. Their powerbands are stupid. They generally run pig rich. They're impossible to tune with unless you're Jesus, Son of Carb.

... well, at least they look cool.

Plus to convert to carbs you'd have to get rid of your fuel return line and switch to a low pressure pump. Eeew.
          Ask me about engine management!

Comment

wow do i hear some resentment due to carbed applications?

Comment

it's not resentment unless I actually HAVE a carb

They're old technology... I don't know why people seem to think that carbs are better than fuel injection.

Comment

i think they are cooler than fuel injection, definately not better tho.

Dual weber sidedrafts always tickle me pink
                Eat ****.

Comment

they tickle you pink until the weather changes

Comment

I like tickling the pink.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                      I like tickling the pink.
                      I was waiting for someone to come out with that haha.
                      1992 323 w/ Stock 1.8 B8 Swap, 5 Speed.

Comment

it figures that Jho would be the one that said it lol
                        stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Nova323
                          I was waiting for someone to come out with that haha.
                          Yeah, leave it to me.

Originally posted by madmax_2069
                          it figures that Jho would be the one that said it lol
                          Why's that?

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum
                            carbs look kinda cool, but only idiots prefer carbs over fuel injection. Carbs screw up if they're at weird angles, if the humidity changes, if the altitude changes, they hate turbos, they hate being normally aspirated too! They don't work well at low rpm if they work at high rpm, and they don't work at high rpm if they work well at low rpm. Their powerbands are stupid. They generally run pig rich. They're impossible to tune with unless you're Jesus, Son of Carb.

... well, at least they look cool.

Plus to convert to carbs you'd have to get rid of your fuel return line and switch to a low pressure pump. Eeew.
                            a Rube Goldberg machine comes to mind when I think of carb technology
                            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

thats my carbed 1,6L engine...... will some one crash his car here i greece so i can get his bp?????? will he??????????????
                              Attached Files
                              sigpicOf all the things i`ve lost.. i miss my mind the most....

Comment

Working...
                              X