Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please!

I have a Mazda Familia 98, and have been having loads of problems. Have recently cleaned the EGR valve and it now starts everytime, even from warm. However, was driving to work yesterday, was sitting at about 70kmph and all of a sudden I lost power. I had to put my foot down (the revs went up to about 4000) to crawl to the side of the motorway. I have no idea what happened but it has done this once before. I've taken it to mechanics and no-one can help me. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?
    THANK YOU!!

maybe something to do with your drivetrain? just a wild guess... maybe your fuel pump is acting funny or your fuel pressure regulator, a longshot but it could be... definitely replace plugs air filter and all that general stuff first just to eliminate things... could be your throttle cable even... anymore info on when it does it, what gear? maybe tranny... flywheel tooth broken?

Comment

maybe you got a clogged fuel filter?

try getting in touch with a forum member, his username is 96familia and is from new zealand as well. very knowledgeable with your familias/protege, just not sure how familiar he is with engine problems but give him a shot.
      Last edited by beetle_orange; 05-20-2006, 09:24 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Could be because of not enough air or fuel, as strutman said. Perhaps you have a leak in your egr valve for which not enough air is getting into the engine? Check for blockages and try to eliminate what it could be. It's quite difficult to diagnose what it could be because alot of things could cause a loss of power like that.
        Andrew
        1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
        My Familia

Comment

try the mass air flow meter i remember i once didnt plug it in and i couldnt reach 50km/h

Comment

Working...
          X