Anyone else here lift??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teknotexan
    I lift at least twice a week, but I never **** around with that "1 rep max" stuff. I like to do a conservative workout: 3 sets of 12-15 reps a piece on incline, decline, and flat bench press. I usually do 105-115 on each bench. If you're counting, that's 9 sets, over 130 reps total with little rest time to keep my hear rate up. And that 's just my pectorals. I'm 5'6", 159 lbs. I also like to curl a variation of 5 different ways with 25 per side, and at least 50 reps per side. And I never life for more than one hour. More than that is detrimental to your muscles. I also do cardio, a 3 mile run, after every workout.
    My goal is to get bigger in my upper body, but keep lean.
    So I figure, 160 with less that 5% BFC will make me happy.
    Sounds like you are cut and are trying to maintain that.

I'm cut and have no body fat, but I'm trying to gain mass.

I do everything in reps of 5 at a high weight.

Comment

Well, getting "cut " is my goal.
      I have a delimma! My arms, legs, and chest are way lean!
      But I have a bit of some fat on the mid section. Nothing big, I'm a 30in waist and have been since I was 14, but I can't seem to attack the love handles and lower abs!! I figure I should get more mass, increase my metabolism, the supplement my way to leaner mass. I friend told me that you have to pack on the clay, THEN you sculpt the masterpiece. So I guess I am gonna have to be complacent with my little fatty.
      Dude, I ****ing hate it! I eat right, rarely ever drink, and i workout, but still not all six (only three). I wanna wash my clothes on my stomach!!

Comment

But I have a bit of some fat on the mid section. Nothing big, I'm a 30in waist and have been since I was 14, but I can't seem to attack the love handles and lower abs!! I figure I should get more mass, increase my metabolism, the supplement my way to leaner mass. I friend told me that you have to pack on the clay, THEN you sculpt the masterpiece. So I guess I am gonna have to be complacent with my little fatty.
        Dude, I ****ing hate it! I eat right, rarely ever drink, and i workout, but still not all six (only three). I wanna wash my clothes on my stomach!!
        Haha, yeah I have trouble putting weight on too.

I should enjoy my fast metabolism while I'm young, because it's going to catch up to me someday.

Just keep doing your crunches, and be persistent.

Comment

how can you have 3 & not 6??? usually it goes in pairs... like 2 4 6
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Been lifting for a while and never took supplements. I go to the gym for 1.5hrs 3 times a week and have a pretty balanced overall body workout.

Im 148lbs, and maxes are:

full bench: 230
            squat: 240 (I know that's weak but I hate squats)
            deadlift off the ground: 375
            clean: 180 lbs

Comment

seems like everyone's goal is to get "cut".....I call that the beach body IE: six pack, little chest but defined, and cut arms, usually accompanied with skinny legs because most of these types only do bench, crunches, and curls. Ah well, whatever you want.

I like to do a 1 rep max at the end of each of my 6 week cycles, just to see my strength gains. Its a personal thing. Ive been on this 5x5 program for the last week and a half now. Its basically 5 lifts per body part, heavy weight, and 5 reps. Probably similiar to what Jho is doing. It's great for building clean dry mass. Of course you need to supplement it with CLEAN high protein foods ie: lean ground beef, TURKEY etc etc.

Honestly if you wanna gain mass, do the big 3 (as the pro's call it) Squats, deadlifts, and bench. One guy even said, "if you don't incorporate these three lifts into your program, then your not lifting." I whole heartedly agree with that statement.

Power clean and jerks are probably my favorite lift. As it works nearly every muscle in your body.
              Eat ****.

Comment

It depends. If you want to gain some mass and be cut, then you should bulk and then proceed to cut.

If you don't want to go up in size, then there is no point in bulking. Honestly tho, unless your over 200lbs, I would definately bulk first, then cut.

And if you wanna get a six pack, eat eat eat, cardio cardio cardio. Everyone has muscles on their abdomens, but if there is fat covering it, you will never see those muscles, regardless of how many crunches and ab workouts you do. Eat right, cut out any trans and saturated fats, STOP drinking 100%, and only eat lean meats. Start incorporating cardio in your workouts 3-4 times per week, and watch the fat disappear. THEN you can start doing your crunches and ab workouts to build those muscles bigger!
                Last edited by 91ProtegeLX; 06-14-2006, 11:52 AM.
                Eat ****.

Comment

hahaha this thread should be accompanied by some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                    hahaha this thread should be accompanied by some pictures.
                    yeah, ill start...
                    I do 3 sets of 15 reps...haha

sorry....

For real though, I actually use to lift, but not anymore. Im currently 5'11", 170-175lbs. I use to love lifting, seeing the result of working out hard all week.
                    I fell off, I guess...Sounds like some of you guys are really serious about your workout, which is cool. I chug beers now..
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 92dx; 06-14-2006, 01:22 PM.
                    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

lmao@that picture
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                        Jerks are probably my favorite lift. As it works nearly every muscle in your body.
                        Man, you really get into it huh?

LMAO at the pic Randy.

Comment

I lift my fat ass out of bed everyday.

I used to lift until I blew my shoulder out at work. Now I am a 6'1" 290 lbs sack of lard.

40 inch waist , 19 inch neck , 14.5 inch guns and a 12 pack stomach.
                          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                            I lift my fat ass out of bed everyday.

I used to lift until I blew my shoulder out at work. Now I am a 6'1" 290 lbs sack of lard.

40 inch waist , 19 inch neck , 14.5 inch guns and a 12 pack stomach.

Bwahahahahaha!

Fat ****!

Comment

I got on a few new supps....Animal M-Stak, some new protein and phosphagen elite creatine...im taking a break from the pro-hormones and roids..lol.

But when I get back on my cycle, Im gonna try out some injectables. Im at 207lbs as I stand right this instant...hopefully by the end of my 16 week cycle, Ill be at 230lbs at least.
                              Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                                I got on a few new supps....Animal M-Stak, some new protein and phosphagen elite creatine...im taking a break from the pro-hormones and roids..lol.

But when I get back on my cycle, Im gonna try out some injectables. Im at 207lbs as I stand right this instant...hopefully by the end of my 16 week cycle, Ill be at 230lbs at least.

Put up some pics.

I'll put some up, and whoever else lifts should too.

Comment

Working...
                                X