No announcement yet.

Anyone else here lift??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so eating fruit & other **** like breads is bad still? is ther some place we can look up whats bad to eat & wats alright?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i don't see why fruits and feggies would be bad..But bread and pasta and stuff like that would be awful right after the gym.. you'd store that **** into your fat pockets so quick lol.. i did it! and i sucked balls! cause then i had to work out twice as long to get half the results! we all learn in due time tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
        Steak and beer ftw!!!!! I'm in the same boat as you with the weight(250). I just started hitting the gym doin cardio 4 days a week and lifting 3 days. 1 question. I don't eat anything after I workout but I do make a double whey protein shake and have that right after. I'll snap a pic of the stuff I use. After the workout I'm sore as **** until about 15-30 mins after I drink the shake. Is that ok to do after? Bed is usually 2 hrs later.
        sure man. I don't see why a shake would harm ya. unless it's packed with calories. then you're doing more harm then good. When i work out once i feel it for two days.. the first day is little pain.. and then the day after is where if you try to move a body part it hurts like a bitch but you love it lol..I like to wait a good 45 misn before i eat anything. I workout during the week, different parts of the body ofcoarse but abs every day unless you do it with weights.. then you should do it every 2nd day. On the weekend i do cardio. It gives my body a break from the weights and allows my muscles to heal and swell. i like the weight am at so i don't do heavy cardio workouts. But something that i still do to help with keeping me weight in the same area is when i show up to the gym, i hop on a bike for 10-15 mins to get me sweating.. do a nice uphill cadio work out and get yourself sweating good.. then your heart rate will be higher.. you will sweat more and while you're working out your muscles your energy will be up. I dunno what you lift or what work outs you do.. It depends if you want to have bigger muscles or make yourself stronger.. either way you will be stronger.. But if you want stamina you sh ould do more reps with less weight.. your muscles won't swell up as much but they will be twice as strong.. and if you're looking for size, you should do les reps with more weight.. Hope that helps! post what you use, **curious**

Comment

so the food isn't metabolized? its stored in fat cells? why is this? im not a biology major so help me understand please
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

i'm not either lol. JUst trying to explain once again what my trainer keeps telling me lol. It's cause your heart rate and **** is so high that you body is searching for some kind of calories to get and store in fat pockets that were burnt

Comment

interesting, its probably alright for someone my size & metabolizm, as is i have issues keeping weight. spent some good time benching today its a lovely feeling

Comment

fruits would be worse than pasta to eat right after a workout. fruit is good for you but it's mostly sugar, which gets digested very quickly and if you don't burn it off fast, which you probably won't right after a workout, it will turn into fat. fruit and veggies and pasta are ALL carbs. fruit is a simple carb, very sugary, pasta is in between, and veggies are complex. if you're trying to lose weight the more complex the better.
                sigpic

Comment

and jesus! you're at 260 and like that weight? how tall are you? to be in shape and 260 lbs would be insane! i'm like 5' 11 or 6' and my ideal weight would be a lean 180
                  sigpic

Comment

good to know! i'll pump up my veggies ahead of workout so i have something to eat

Comment

My ideal weight would be 175 lbs @ 5'9........so I've got a good 10-15 lbs to pack on.

Comment

lol, yea i'm only 160 right now, and not all that lean, so i have over 20 lbs of muscle to gain. it will take a while.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd be happy at 220 with 10% body fat. DEISEL bitches. I'm working on it.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
                            and jesus! you're at 260 and like that weight? how tall are you? to be in shape and 260 lbs would be insane! i'm like 5' 11 or 6' and my ideal weight would be a lean 180
                            i was pushing 260lbs.. now i'm at 246lbs.. 6'2" 's I'm very heavily build. I'm a drummer so a lot of my weight is in my legs and thighs. I mostly workout my pecks, triceps/bicepts, shoulders and legs.. used to play a lot of football lol. The bigger the better in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                              I'd be happy at 220 with 10% body fat. DEISEL bitches. I'm working on it.
                              damn! that would be pretty arnold ish. I'm at 160 with probably around 15% right now (out of shape), last fall/winter i was about 165 with 12% even while doing cross country and not lifting much. and all i'm asking for is 180 with under 10% lol
                              sigpic

Comment

haha^^ i'm not much of a cardio work out kind of guy.. i've just been lifting for a while. i was always built tho.. going to the gym just cut me up

Comment

Working...
                                X