Fifa Germany 2006!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifa Germany 2006!!!

Ok, it's been a good start to this World Cup in Germany! Let's see that has happened so far:

Germany represents for the Reiche and shuts down Costa Rica with a 2 point lead in Munich.

Ecuador wins 2 -0 over Poland in Gelsenkirchen.

England pulls out a 1 - 0 win over Paraguay in Frankfurt with an assist from Beckham.

Trinidad and Sweden leave Dortmund scoreless.

Argentina wins 2 - 1 over Côte d'Ivoire in Hamburg.

Nederlands win 1 - 0 over Serbia and Montenegro in Leipzig.

Mexico wins over Iran in Nuremburg, 3 - 1. Bravo Bravo!!!

Portugal takes out Angola in Cologne 1 - 0.

Australia defeats Japan in Kaiserslautern 3 - 1.

Czech Republic destroys the United States in the most embarassing match so far in FIFA 2006. After only 5 minutes of gameplay, the formidable forward Jan Koller scores off a set piece. Then two more goals from Tomas Rosicky to firmly guarantee the Czech win. USA was horrible! It was painful to watch one of my teams play like school boys! They's better get it together, or the USA is gonna be DOA!

Tomorrow, Korea and Togo in Frankfurt, followed by France and Sweden in Stuttgart, then Brasil and Croatia in Berlin!

ESPN360 will be airing most of these matches, and ABC will air only the Sunday matches. But Univision will air all matches LIVE commercial free and on free air waves too!! Vamos a aprender español gente.

Well, that was a great game!! Ghana really played their heart out, but Italy was there to stop every run to the posts!! Kingston had his work cut out for him, for his defenders were no where to be found most of the time! Oh, and those saves!! Ok, Italy did play very professionally and precisely, and I'll give em that. I won't bag on any team on this thread, but I am not a fan of Italia. They played with focus and ferocity today, and that last goal was pure art! But the pic goes to Kingston!! Look at that save!!

I'm not making any predicitons until the 2nd round, but I do have my favorites!!

Comment

GOLASO!!!!!!
      GOLASO!!!!!!
      GOLASO!!!!!!
      Finalmente, meu pais esta ganhando!!

Comment

Hosted by Putfile.com

Muita Bonita! Beleza!
        This was the best pic I could get, and unfortunately you can't see Kaka.

Here's a better one!
        Hosted by Putfile.com

Comment

Today was dramatic and not so dramatic. Let's do a wrap up.

There was once again no separating France and Switzerland as they played out a goalless draw in their opening Group G match in Stuttgart. This pic just about sums it up!

On to Korea and Togo battled it out, with Togo taking the lead in the 31st minute. But a free kick from Lee Chun-Soo tied the game, but the play of the day went to Ahn Jung-Hwan for his winning point! And he was a sub!!!
          Celebrating the first point by Chun-Soo.

And the last one by Jung-Hwan!! Now that was nice!!

And then while at work and on my lunch, I catch the first half of Croatia and Brasil. In my humble American opinion, I thought that the Brasilians played very timid, almost nonchalantly. Ronaldo and Adriano were not all together, with both being almost non existent during the entire game play. Kafu, Emerson, and Dida had to pick up their slack. And did Dida ever do that! Ronaldinho played well, yet not exceptional, not like Madrid. But it was the individual talent of Kaka that saved the day. Golaso Saboroso!! As for the Croatians, they played a superb game. They were locked and stocked with their best all game long. Their captian Niko Kovac was hurt by Ronaldo, yet played til the end holding his side. My hat goes off to the Croatians!

Niko giving Kaka some hell!

And the master doing what he does best!! Always a sight to see!!

Comment

Drama!!! What a game! Germany had to hussle to make that last one!!
            WOW! Will post pics later.

Comment

Today finshed off the first round of games in this quarter finals, with action and suspense!

First off, España and Ukraine started the day in Leipzig, but it seems like the Ukrainians never woke up. By half time, Spain led by two, then final whistle they were up to 4, to Ukraine's 0. Thoe Spainards were quick to score, making 2 points in under twenty minutes. Well, at least the USA is now 2nd in worse defeated teams this year. Thanks Ukraine!

Second, Tunisia and Saudi Arabi played in Munich. Tunisia scored in the 23rd minute, but were answered back by KSA's Al Kahtani early in the 2nd half. Then at 84 minutes in, Saudi Arabia's Al Jaber puts one in to give them an almost definate win. Yet, Tunisia ties the game with a lovely shot from Jaidi.
              Here's the tie maker at 81 minutes!!

Lastly, Germany and Poland battle in Dortmund for the entire game, and did they ever play well! The Poles had numerous opportunities to score in the 1st hald, but Olive Kahn stopped everything! The guy just scares me! Here he roars after a spectacular block in an earlier game in 2005.

I can't wait to see these two teams play: Brasil and Germany!! The pic goes to the sub Oliver Neuville's fanatastic shot that gave Deutschland it's much deserved 1 - 0 win over Poland!

Comment

Two up for England!!!!
                GO GO GOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comment

Two day recap for everyone, so let's see who got owned and who got game!

Ecuador made history by beating Costa Rica 3-0 in Hamburg to qualify for the knockout rounds for the first time on Thursday, 15 June 2006. Carlos Tenorio, Agustin Delgado and Ivan Kaviedes scored the goals that secured the South Americans' progress from Group A. Their victory means that they and hosts Germany become the first two teams to book their places in the last 16 - and ends Costa Rica and Poland's hopes of advancing. Hasta la huego, Costa Rica. Auf Wiedersehen, Polen.

England secured their place in the Round of 16 of the FIFA World Cup™ with a 2-0 victory over Trinidad and Tobago but they left it late before striking through Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard on Thursday, 15 June 2006. Crouch broke the deadlock in Nuremberg with a headed goal in the 83rd minute and his Liverpool team-mate Gerrard added a superb second in the 91st minute. England, who welcomed back Wayne Rooney as a second-half substitute, have taken six points from their two Group B matches while Trinidad and Tobago remain on one point. I am privy to preferring the Brits, but they still haven't shined as brightly as I would like. Oh, posh, who cares! It's always a treat to watch the Becks kick ass!! But is was Crouch that did a proper job of shutting down Trinidad/Tobago. Check out Rooney!!

OK, this was and still is THE SAVE of the tournment!!! John Terry stops a header from T&T's John Stern, inches before it crossed the goal line!! If my heart has ever skipped a beat, it was then! DAMN, now that's entertainment!

Freddie Ljungberg's 88th-minute header earned Sweden a 1-0 victory over Paraguay in Berlin on Thursday, 15 June 2006. Ljungberg's strike leaves the Scandinavians strongly positioned to take second place in Group B, three points above Trinidad and Tobago going into their game against leaders England. For Paraguay, however, the late goal spelt heartbreak, ending their hopes of progressing to the second round. I don't think the Swedes are gonna get past Ecuador or England, but they did play with heart! Oh, and nice goal Freddie!!

Comment

Today, we saw some a great battle, then a complete shut down, and finally, a distressing tie!!!! Por Amor de Dios! Que lastima!

The Netherlands booked their place in the Round of 16 of the FIFA World Cup™ as goals from Robin van Persie and Ruud van Nistelrooij earned a hard-fought 2-1 win over Côte d'Ivoire in Stuttgart on Friday, 16 June 2006. Côte d'Ivoire can go no further in this tournament but they certainly pushed the Dutch all the way. After Van Persie's 23rd-minute free-kick opener, Van Nistelrooij doubled the Dutch lead four minutes later but the Ivorians hit back through a spectacular Bakary Kone effort and threatened an equaliser on more than one occasion.

Argentina gave a fearsome show of attacking strength as they swept aside Group C rivals Serbia and Montenegro 6-0 in Gelsenkirchen on Friday, 16 June 2006. Jose Pekerman's team equalled their record FIFA World Cup™ win against Peru from 1978 against opponents they had, coincidentally, dismantled by the same score at the 2004 Olympic Football Tournament. Ok, I am not a fan of Argentina, but DAMN DAMN DAMN they destroyed...no, they completely OBLITERATED Serbia/Monenegro!! Call the Coroner, cuz somebody just got killed!!

A brave performance from ten-man Angola saw them hold Mexico to a goalless draw in their Group D meeting in Hanover on Friday, 16 June 2006. Angola, who lie 53 places below El Tri in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, frustrated the Mexicans due to a combination of some resolute defending and some superb goalkeeping from Joao Ricardo. The Palancas Negras' task was made even harder when they had Andre sent off in the 79th minute, but the African side held firm to register their first ever point in the FIFA World Cup™ finals. Simply put, this tie was well fought, but just as frustrating for me, since I wanted a definative win from Mexico.

Comment

Oh, WOW!!!
                      I am proud of my team's effort!
                      Though that goal did not belong to us, we still played an awesome game today! Lotsa fan support, lotsa 1-1 battles, red cards, and a slight chance of advancing. We'll have to play very well against Ghana if we are to advance! I pitty the fool that doesn't watch the tournament! It's like we and every other country is at war!! ****ING GREAT GAME!!

Comment

I've been away from the forum lately, but rest assure, I haven't been away from football!! Will update tonight!

Comment

Viva Italy!!!

Comment

ok,so Brasil lost horribly to France. England was sut down by Portugal. Germany got tanked by Italy, leaving me speechless, depressed, and teamless. Between the two, I wanted France to win and give Zidane a Cup. Then ****ing penalites come and it is all over! That's a let down. Italy played very well throughout the entire tournament, I give them that! I just wanted to see, oh, at least four other countries win it instead of Italy.
                            So that's it. The largest single sport tournament ever in the world is over. An estimated 1 billion people watched the games via live or tv, and over 300 million worldwide watched the Finale. It was a let down for most of the favorites, like Czech Republic or Argentina. It was a joke for teams like Brasil and England. Oh well. Viva Italia!!! See you in 4 years!!!

On a side note: I created this thread to spark some forum interest in football internationale, but to no avail. Just goes to show that Americans, even Canadians, dont give a **** for the beautiful game. I had fun, posting my pics and my commentary. I was active on other forums, where posts reached the 1,000's per round and I conversed with fans from Sweden to Ghana to Japan to Austrailia. This is the only sport that unites the entire world. It is a fantastic display of physical prowness and stamina. It is truly the most beautiful game in the world. The fans have more heart than any American sport. Whole cities shut down for a game, and the entire country calls an informal holiday when their team wins. I have never been privvy to watching American sports. I 've always liked more well rounded sports that bring together people, like auto/moto racing or the Olympics or football internationale. It is unreal to see two competitors battle it out, then argue with one another in...what language??? I find it facinating! I guess it is that extra element of culture, of ethnicity that makes worldwide sports so interesting. It is a sad fact that our banal, parochial society sees no need to concern itself with the rest of the world. Yes, many do care about what goes on outside our borders, but more people should. An informed public will not react with an ignorant nationalistic mentality if they are aware of the actions of its own government and the foreign policy by which it subscribes to. OK, now I am getting political, so I'll stop.

Viva Italia!!
                            See you guys in South Africa in 2010!
                            Tchau tchau!!

Comment

Working...
                            X