No announcement yet.

engine temp gauge moving up and down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah ok, then it should not hurt cause the only time i think the a/c fan comes on is when you have the a/c on. you could alway's add another fan in the place of the a/c fan as sort of a double fan for cooling. sorda make the A/c button a switch to turn the other fan on. just a ideal

my car seem's to be running rich but i need to put a tune up on it. fuel filter and a few other things to replace or clean. i dont know if all that will make it run better ( i know it will) but might help it from running rich.

another thing could a sensor be acting up but not enuff for the CEL not to come on. i know its not a big problem cause i drve to dayton and it didnt get hot once it stayed below the halfway mark and in town it went to the halfway mark didnt go above the halfway mark.

the fan was on and was working it didnt use much gas at all it was a hare above the half tank and when i got back home it was just touching the bottom of the halfway mark
    stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by vinniepearl
      I haven't paid to much attention to the cooling fan, I'll have to check it out. The car isn't overheating at all, the guage just acts funny. Over the weekend I removed my a/c cooling fan (in front of the radiator). Not sure if that would do it or not.

As for checking the sensor and wiring, I haven't. Are you referring to the engine coolant sensor? I replaced the plug when I first bought the car. I however haven't checked the wiring.
      I was referring to the sensor that controls your temp guage.

I drew a red arrow pointing to it:
      Last edited by Jho; 10-22-2006, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax_2069
        yea Jho it coming on

when i put the new radiator in the fluctuations dont happen as much or as bad anymore.

im also thinking that the thermostat is a bit to high and the car dont like it but that is somthing i am not shure on. i need to time the cooling fan to see how long it takes to come on and how many times and how long it stay's on.
        Sounds like you need a thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          I was referring to the sensor that controls your temp guage.

I drew a red arrow pointing to it:

Nice red arrow ! you can barely see it under the distributer.
          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
            Nice red arrow ! you can barely see it under the distributer.
            Happy now?

Comment

U need to ground the sensor it happend to me to and when i did fix the ground it stopped

Comment

My engine temperature gauge is going up and down, usually when I give it gas.

If I'm at a stop light or idle, it is fine and sits in the middle like usual, but when I give it gas it drops down and fluctuates. I'm at work so I haven't got a chance to check anything.
                I HAVE DAT PROBLEM 2

Comment

what jho pointed at in that pic is most likely the prob.

Mine would do that too. I looked at the temp sending unit and the tab was loose/halfway broken off. I just wrapped the wire around it, works...
                  DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    Happy now?
                    No !! Its too big. the shadow is blocking it now.

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

No !! Its too big.

I've always had that problem.

That's why I pee in the urinals for short people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                        I've always had that problem.

That's why I pee in the urinals for short people.

Next time bring a stepping stool so you can piss with the big boys.

Comment

Next time bring a stepping stool so you can piss on the little boys.

I always had a doubt about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                            I always had a doubt about you.

Comment

i'm glad my thread turned into a positive thread, instead of a flaming war.

Comment

i'm glad my thread turned into a positive thread, instead of a flaming war.
                                Haha, yeah they're much better this way.

So did you ever figgure out what was going on with your guage?

Comment

Working...
                                X