No announcement yet.

engine temp gauge moving up and down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did you ever figgure out what was going on with your guage?
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

lol mine still does what i describe. i dunno about the other guy's problem.

mabe a flush and a lower temp thermostat will help me out
      stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

I haven't tried to ground it yet. I was to busy installing my clutch. Everything runs great btw. The clutch grabs nicely.

Comment

Off topic a little but my proteges radiator developed a crack, and i happened to have a radiator for the 2.3 liter that came out of my 85 mustang so i put that in. Today i finally got around to getting the cooling fan shoved in there and i am wondering if its possible to change the temp that it engages at. can an OBD scanner hook up to the PCM and change those types of values? Its a 93 protege and it has the stock fan hooked up to it. otherwise i might have to wire it into a toggle switch

Comment

Originally posted by LeeMoney
            Off topic a little but my proteges radiator developed a crack, and i happened to have a radiator for the 2.3 liter that came out of my 85 mustang so i put that in. Today i finally got around to getting the cooling fan shoved in there and i am wondering if its possible to change the temp that it engages at. can an OBD scanner hook up to the PCM and change those types of values? Its a 93 protege and it has the stock fan hooked up to it. otherwise i might have to wire it into a toggle switch

No, you can't change the temperature at which the fan comes on with a scan tool.

You can get a colder thermostat so that it opens sooner, and your engine doesn't get as hot as fast.

Comment

Or you can go aftermarket and get an adjustable thermostat and wire it in. So your fans come on when you want them to.
              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
              X