smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoke?

whitish smoke comming nfro mmy valve cover breather and exhaust after we put exhaust on...it's slowly going away though... whats going on? car keeps stalling out every 15 to 20 seconds if i let off the gas? does the idle just need to be turned up? whats going on?

turbo z5...

i'm really desperate to get this running before 12 noon tomorrow or I'll have no way to get to work.

*the smoke sort of went away i think... could have been new exhaust, but it was steady smoking from not the pvc valve but the other hole we have on our valve covers... makes me real nervous...

also, the stalling issue is my main thing... anyone have to turn their idle up for their turbo?
    Last edited by strutman; 06-29-2006, 06:39 PM.

im seriously so over all this crap. i could literally sit here and cry... instead im just working out on the bag trying to calm down...

Comment

come on! someone on here has to know why the car goes for a few seconds, doesn't die when idling at all, then all of a sudden stalls and I'm coasting down the street...

Comment

its doing it less now, i think i might need to turn the idle up...

its also taking forever to boost... is it because now the small exhaust is on there as opposed to open before?

Comment

idle is fine now the car doesn't stall...

it does leak oil (i assume a turbo oil line, im gonna get under there tomorrow on my day off and figure it out)

and it still has white smoke, but i havent started it from last time, my guess is water in the exhaust since my temp is fine and coolant is fine and no coolant in my oil.

sorry i've been gone for so long, i've been working like crazy.

how's everyone been?

Comment

I don't have anything helpful to say. I'm just feeling really bad for you. I've seen people double post and triple post but NEVER quintuple post. What's worse is that it's not 5 times after getting a response. It's 5 without any responses. I just had to post. I didn't want to see a sixth post. It was starting to look like you were having to reply to yourself. I hope things get stabilized.

Comment

haha, at least I wasn't answering myself... that would be time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by strutman
                haha, at least I wasn't answering myself... that would be time to worry.
                Yeah, then you would have to put a new front plate on your car that stated:

Roses are red
                Violets are blue
                I'm schizophrenic
                And so am I

Comment

Originally posted by mannydingo
                  I don't have anything helpful to say. I'm just feeling really bad for you. I've seen people double post and triple post but NEVER quintuple post. What's worse is that it's not 5 times after getting a response. It's 5 without any responses. I just had to post. I didn't want to see a sixth post. It was starting to look like you were having to reply to yourself. I hope things get stabilized.
                  lol
                  +1 for you.

oh
                  and you conected it to your stock exhaust. Dude Your insane. Atleast gut the cat and resinator. the piping is like an 1/2in in bends.
                  and check for boost leaks.
                  as for the stalling sense you have an assload of pipes(compared to stock) it would take a while for the ecu to figure out you fuel map. mainly because you have your maf pre turbo so theres about 4 feet of pipe from that to the TB.
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                  kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                  Originally posted by HopelessCow
                  there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                  Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

well it no longer stalls, turned the idle up and it's good

i have a leak from my oil drain line, a better clamp will fix that, and my nut on my oil pan is leaking, again a cheap fix...

still blowing smoke, oil in the muffler

car runs just fine tho... my guess is oil from the old turbos blew into the stock exhaust and its in there mixed with water just making white smoke... u know if i had a blown seal or something i'd be smoking black smoke... so i guess i just nbeed to run it after i fix the two minor leaks... other than that it's looking good, so far...

Comment

Good news to hear............. I think. It doesn't sound like you're out of the woods yet but its better news than where you were before.

Comment

1 how high is your idle?
                        2"i have a leak from my oil drain line, a better clamp will fix that" sorry to say but when you fix that more than likely your going to blow your oil seals again. if its leaking theres ALOT of pressure on the line. there shouldnt be.
                        3 I don't know how long oil will stay in the stock muffler but I still have about a quart of oil in mine.
                        Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

idles at 1k

leaking from clamp cuz its clamped around the steel not the rubber... so it's real loose... i dunno, scares me now that you said that...

oil in muffler... dunno... turbo seals are fine, not popping oil like the old ones, so i dunno...

Comment

1k isnt the best thing to idle at.
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

all leaks fixed and its smoking slightly less...

well, the oil pan nut leaks... not a big deal, im getting a new one tomorrow- i have all the time in the world since i quit my job and am currently looking for a job in the human resources field, if anyone knows any around here in va...

anyway... tomorrow i fix the oil pan nut and drive it around a little and take it for inspection... we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X