Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LX, 323 base model no a/c, 323 a/c & 323 SE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX, 323 base model no a/c, 323 a/c & 323 SE...

Ok, here's the plan. I want a 323 or Protege. Iam gonna be running it w/ a BP motor w/ headers, intake, motor mount inserts, stage 1 or 2 clutch, slicks (track use). I want to be able to hit 14's .High or mid. w/ out messing with the engines internal or slapping a force induction on there.
    Which one out of these model would be the lightest and how much difference in weight would it be?
    base model 323 no a/c
    base model 323 w/ a/c
    323 SE
    protege LX
    protege dx

I know the base model 323 would be the best bet but I'd like to know how much do all of them car models weigh.

Thanks...
    '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
    '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

i dont think there is much difference weight wise between any of those. so may as well go with the protege lx for the sake of it already having a bp.

and i doubt you hit 14s with the mods you have. 14s come with a stock gtx or a full on head transplant with all the bolt on goodies you can image. (i.e. header, intake, exhaust, timing, p&p, camgears/shafts, TB, intake manifold, tuned vaf may help, and so on) Maybe you do with the car on a serious diet, slicks, and can drive like a mother.
    Seth
    2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

Go with the Protege LX with it having the BP already and then strip the car to the bare essentials. The rest is up to you if you want to go N/A or turbo.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Bah..get the 323 with nothing!!! Bp swap, and strip it! ONly way to go!
        Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay
          Ok, here's the plan. I want a 323 or Protege. Iam gonna be running it w/ a BP motor w/ headers, intake, motor mount inserts, stage 1 or 2 clutch, slicks (track use). I want to be able to hit 14's .High or mid. w/ out messing with the engines internal or slapping a force induction on there.
          Which one out of these model would be the lightest and how much difference in weight would it be?
          base model 323 no a/c
          base model 323 w/ a/c
          323 SE
          protege LX
          protege dx

I know the base model 323 would be the best bet but I'd like to know how much do all of them car models weigh.

Thanks...
          I'm unsure of the weight of the 323's, but the protege weighs about 2400-2500 lbs.

This is probably the weight from lightest to heaviest:

base model 323 no a/c
          base model 323 w/ a/c
          323 SE
          protege DX
          protege LX

If you want the lightest car with the best chance at your desired quarter mile time, I'd get the base model 323 without a/c, strip it, and go from there.

Comment

Get the Pro LX it already has the BP , G-series trans and rear disks and then just strip the interior , sound deadning and A/C out.

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
              Get the Pro LX it already has the BP , G-series trans and rear disks and then just strip the interior , sound deadning and A/C out.
              the 323 would still be lighter, the power windows, xtra 2 doors (also containing power windows) , A/c and P/S (only the 323 SE got P/S) will add up quickly

go for the 323 BP it , strip itand get some coilovers with high spring rate in the rear and medium in the front, keep the ass high and the front low. put in solid mounts and a Heavy duty clutch and run some drag radials

^ in addition to the rest of bolt ups
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

wat up guy im new in this i just got a mazda protege 94 1.8l lx and i wanna hook my car up wit racing part well u guys should know already can anyone help me wit this i need to know wat parts and where i can buy them ?

Comment

Originally posted by harlemracer144
                  wat up guy im new in this i just got a mazda protege 94 1.8l lx and i wanna hook my car up wit racing part well u guys should know already can anyone help me wit this i need to know wat parts and where i can buy them ?
                  www.Corksport.com to start http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...ortsmazda.html

just a couple places to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by harlemracer144

Welcome to Club Protege!

Pics of your car?

Comment

Pics or we burn you at the stake !

Comment

Mmmmm.........steak.

Comment

Pass the A1 please.........

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                            Pass the A1 please.........

I put that **** on everything.

I put it on my rice, my vegetables, I put it in with the milk and butter in my mashed potatoes.

I just started using it as shampoo, I started watering my lawn with it, and I'm thinking of switching my car over from conventional oil to synthetic A1.

Comment

I think suave will be coming out with a steak and A1 scented shampoo soon............To go with the sour cream and chive baked potato body wash.

Comment

Working...
                              X