I went to look at a P5 today-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to look at a P5 today-

wanting something different, been using the Toyota as a daily driver since new-bought it in Dec 1992. It's been very well taken care of, rolling on 17's, heavy duty swaybars installed so I could haul motorcycles around and a nice Kenwood Excelon system with EQ, 600W amp and 10 disc, as well as Kenwood speakers in Q-logic kicker panels. Alarm with keyless, SR5 interior, new clutch, new A/C, Fokkers offered me $1500. For this...
    `
    Attached Files
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Originally posted by Bill
    wanting something different, been using the Toyota as a daily driver since new-bought it in Dec 1992. It's been very well taken care of, rolling on 17's, heavy duty swaybars installed so I could haul motorcycles around and a nice Kenwood Excelon system with EQ, 600W amp and 10 disc, as well as Kenwood speakers in Q-logic kicker panels. Alarm with keyless, SR5 interior, new clutch, new A/C, Fokkers offered me $1500. For this...
    `

Those trucks are sweet. They are bulletproof.

So the stealership would only give you $1500 for it?

Comment

i had a 92 as well. standard cab and raged the f**k out. never died on me. 279k when i sold it. i would love to buy another one for the day my pro only goes on the trailer
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
        i had a 92 as well. standard cab and raged the f**k out. never died on me. 279k when i sold it. i would love to buy another one for the day my pro only goes on the trailer
        Well then, get your ass down here with a couple handfuls o' money, 'cuz I'm jonesing for another ride and need a down payment.
        '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          Those trucks are sweet. They are bulletproof.
          Funny you should say that, there's a nice tiny dent in the side where the gangbanger next door popped it w/a pellet gun.
          '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Funny you should say that, there's a nice tiny dent in the side where the gangbanger next door popped it w/a pellet gun.

Haha, lil G's.

Comment

Well then, get your ass down here with a couple handfuls o' money, 'cuz I'm jonesing for another ride and need a down payment.
              what kinda price tag you looking at getting for it
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                what kinda price tag you looking at getting for it
                $3500
                '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

$3500
                  you can get 3500 for it easy.
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Put it on Ebay you should get that or more for it. By the way sweet ass truck.
                    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Well anyway, the P5 drove well, except that the left rear bearing is toast, and both rear tires are showing unusual wear. The left quarter panel has been repaired, but done nicely. They want $9850 for it. I'm obviously not gonna buy it, for the above reasons, and to top it off it's red. Red paint won't last in South Texas.
                      I'd prefer a Electric blue 2003 p5 Sunroof/5 speed car, but can't find one locally. Wish me luck.....
                      '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Well anyway, the P5 drove well, except that the left rear bearing is toast, and both rear tires are showing unusual wear. The left quarter panel has been repaired, but done nicely. They want $9850 for it. I'm obviously not gonna buy it, for the above reasons, and to top it off it's red. Red paint won't last in South Texas.
                        I'd prefer a Electric blue 2003 p5 Sunroof/5 speed car, but can't find one locally. Wish me luck.....

Good luck.

Comment

come trade it in at riverside toyota in tulsa they will give you good money.,
                          mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Working...
                          X