Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of install & Car Stalls After Putting In Neutral!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of install & Car Stalls After Putting In Neutral!

Little Background on the kit!

Oversized T3 Garret Turbo, 2.5" downpipe, autometer a/f & boost guage, begi log style manifold, begi RRFPR, & Cold Air Intake.

I am currently boostin at 6psi...and have plans to lower the boost...and when spring comes around install an intercooler!

Well All..Here are my pics from my turbo Install!

Enjoy:

Before The Turbo Setup:

Cold Air Intake

Engine w/ Turbo Installed!

Side Shot of Engine:

Turbo & Downpipe:

pic of the Turbo:

I would like to thank Nick (Perwork) for helping me piece together this kit!

Also i would like to thank Andy Wagner from http://www.wagnermotorsports.net/
    He did an excellent job installing this turbo setup....He did all custom piping...and that nice heat shield...and much more!

Hey all..I just had my turbo installed...and having a couple of minor issues!

1. When in any gear..including 5th...If i am boostin at 7psi..at 5grand..and put it into neutral the car stalls out on me!

2. There's a loud whinin noise coming from the back passenger door...I was told it's the Fuel Pump..Is this normal?
    Also what do you suggest for me..an inline pump..or aux fuel pump..any details?

Chas

hmmmmmmmm no intercooler, playing with fire here man, a kid here blew his motor playing around with no intercooler,
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

thanks..for the info..but i figure..spool kits run 4-4.5 psi..non intercooled..w/ out a intercooler all year round..i am just doing this for the winter..

chas

Comment

thats cool, how do you like the stuff that andy made you??? pretty good stuff?? i wanna get that eat shield for mine.

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Yeah..Andy does excellent work! He's a really good guy..explained almost everything about this kit..to me!

Chas

P.S. as soon as it warms up..i am going to paint TurboP5 in Red!

Comment

dude you have no idea, i called him up and was like hey man i need a turbo for a 1999 1.6 litre, i see you did one a while back can you help out, and he freaking coached me for like 6 months on the stuff to get, he does awesome work, and is totaly on top of the game with what he's doing, i would call him like 3 times a day, lol good guy, btw kit looks good.

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

sound's like you're still under boost when you are shifting to me. I don't know turbo's all that well, but could it be the bov?
              I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

T3 is larger than the turbo's the spool kits are running, no? 7psi with a bigger turbo is A LOT more boost than 4.5psi on a smaller turbo. Just be careful.
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

NO...it's about the same size as the spool's turbo..maybe a little bigger..so i would say my psi..is only a little larger..maybe by .5..or so!

I am going to be lowering this weekend!

Chas

Comment

wait, you drove all the way out to PA to get everything installed.
                    How far of a drive is it?
                    I am gonna want a T3 manifold
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

wait, you drove all the way out to PA to get everything installed.
                      It took me like 2.5hours..driving at 80mph...to get to pa..

Driving back..at 12am..I got lost..and had to make 2 u turns..but since i had the turbo installed...

I got back in 2.5hrs..at a rate close to 80mph..Go figure!

Andy makes his own manifolds..i checked out some of his designs..and they look very solid!

Chas

Comment

7psi and no intercooler....balls man, you have them. I ran without an intercooler for a while, but would never get above 4psi. Heed this advice. I know it's cold outside, but don't press your luck.

Your other problem with the car cutting off sounds like boost cut. If I clutch in, or neutral after a bit of a hard run(doesn't have to be long) the RPM's will drop too fast and the car will cut or go into limp mode. Not much you can do about it, but give the car a little blip of gas if see the RPM's dying too quick.

Also another word of advice...5grand in 5th gear at 7psi. How about a no-no. Boosting in 5th gear is fine for a little bit, but don't do it for long. It seems like you were at about 115+ if you were in 5th at 5 grand.
                        01 Protege 2.0
                        Turbo

Comment

7psi and no intercooler....balls man, you have them. I ran without an intercooler for a while, but would never get above 4psi. Heed this advice. I know it's cold outside, but don't press your luck.

Your other problem with the car cutting off sounds like boost cut. If I clutch in, or neutral after a bit of a hard run(doesn't have to be long) the RPM's will drop too fast and the car will cut or go into limp mode. Not much you can do about it, but give the car a little blip of gas if see the RPM's dying too quick.

Also another word of advice...5grand in 5th gear at 7psi. How about a no-no. Boosting in 5th gear is fine for a little bit, but don't do it for long. It seems like you were at about 115+ if you were in 5th at 5 grand.
                          Yea..I just did that once..at 115 for testing purposes!

I lowered down to 5psi now..

As for the stalling problem..it has been temporarly fixed..turned out the the bypass valve..was to close to the maf..

i moved the maf..and the problem has been solved for now atleast!

Chas

Comment

How long did it take him to make the manifold?
                            Where you there all day? a week?
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Most of the parts for the kit..were already made..the manifold is a flyin protege manifold

I was there for 12hrs...

Chas

Comment

Working...
                              X