2000 Mazda Protege DX wont start when engine is hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Mazda Protege DX wont start when engine is hot

I have a 2000 Mazda Protege DX, Its standard, 4 door. When I drive it for a long distance which can be about 10-15 miles it wont start. When the engine is hot it wont start. Once the engine cools down then it starts. We changed the Mass Air Flow Sensor, temper sensor. I don't know what else to do. When I took it to have it checked cause my check engine light was on the guy told me that it said low compression, and he said that it could be a number of things. I changed my coils as well. Also it boggs when it runs. Like if I''m going up a hill in 3rd gear I will bogg like its missing and if I shift into 4th gear then it will bogg even more so in order for me to climb the hill and have speed I would have to down shift. It kind of gives its jerks, like little jerks but the more I press gas the less it does it. PLEASE HELP ME, I WANT TO BLOW UP MY CAR ALREADY!

Hello,

There a TBS about some tink similar to your situation

If the vehicle cranks but does not start or takes excessive time to start, it may be caused by the fuel pressure regulator/fuel system. Follow the inspection procedure below to determine what component of thefuel system may be at fault. Check fuel pressure (fuel pressure regulator may not maintain pressure). The only sure way of checking, is to clamp off hoses with a pair of smooth vise grips in the following order. 1.Check fuel pressure when engine is in a no start condition. If pressure is low and increases only after cycling the ignition key on and off two or three times, the pressure regulator could be leaking. 2.Clamp off supply hose from tank (high pressure from filter). If pressure is now maintained, the pump check valve is leaking. If pressure still drops, see the next step. 3.Clamp off return hose from fuel rail to tank after running engine again to normalize pressures. If pressure is now maintained, pressure regulator was leaking. 4.With both clamps on and pressure drops, leaky fuel injectors are at fault. There is no other way for fuel to escape. If the pump operates and the fuel pressure is zero, then either the check valve or safety valve is leaking. After replacing the fuel pump, recheck the fuel pressure. If restriction is not corrected damage could occur to the new pump.

Comment

I will have my husband try that and see. I will let you know what happens, Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X