Admins: Kick out the Spammers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admins: Kick out the Spammers!!

It's been happening more frequently now. I do hope you guys are regulating on these people. And if not, then I suggest you start!

Originally posted by teknotexan
    It's been happening more frequently now. I do hope you guys are regulating on these people. And if not, then I suggest you start!

I delete 'em when I see 'em!

Comment

we can only delete threads and ban members as fast as we can. there is no way to keep them from coming in.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

there are issues with permanent banning of these users, as generally their IP's can be linked to more then one user general IP banning isn't the solution in all cases, whats left for options is VB banning. In which case they re-register with a new name & spam some more. perhaps I should make a SPAM SECTION for them.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          there are issues with permanent banning of these users, as generally their IP's can be linked to more then one user general IP banning isn't the solution in all cases, whats left for options is VB banning. In which case they re-register with a new name & spam some more. perhaps I should make a SPAM SECTION for them.

Haha, good idea.

I don't think it's all that big of a deal. So we have some here and there, ain't nothing we CP Soldiers can't handle.
          Last edited by Jho; 08-16-2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

and its really not that much at all
            ClubProtege

Comment

i have it setup that when a thread is posted into one of my sections it comes straight to my phone so i can delete as fast as i can. like ryan said they will just post under new screen names. theres really no way around it thats why we are here to clean **** up.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                i have it setup that when a thread is posted into one of my sections it comes straight to my phone so i can delete as fast as i can. like ryan said they will just post under new screen names. theres really no way around it thats why we are here to clean **** up.

Nice work speedy.

I like to wait as long as possible, so that everyone sees it and gets pissed off.

Comment

bannage!!
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                  X