Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could find time. Its hard enough finding time too work on the car. I get up about 3-4 in the morning and usually don't get home till after 7 then by the time I eat dinner,play with the boy b4 he goes too bed and ummm play with the wife(or argue whatever comes first) it 930. Its hard enough getting up in the morning so getting up earlier is out of the question. I wish I could get up sooner to go run or workout. I'll get it done though. I'm just not motivated. I love food. I'm never hungry I just want too eat. Your a big mofo ameen. What do you do for workouts and what do you eat during the day? Maybe you can give me some advice. **** you kept me motavated with the bumper.

BTW its called soda!!!!
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

OK, I've spent some time reading every post and I want to share with you what I have learned from trainers and my personal research. First, read the thread on bulking from 91ProtegeLX (10 ways....) in this section. Read everything he writes in relation to fitness. You have a hectic schedule, as do I. I wake @6:30am, at work by 7:30am, take a 30min lunch, off by 5pm, at school from 6pm-10pm every weekday. I also work Saturdays, and I am getting a 2nd job as well to fill up my free time. So I can sympathize with you plight. The first and foremost thing you must do is change your LIFESTYLE, not you diet. It is not only what you eat but how you eat, as in what times, how many times daily, and how large portions are. It's called "Macrodieting". So, by all means, do yourself a favor, and stop the Atkin's Diet. It is not good for you and unnatural to the human body. It only provides (as in all those fad diets do) a temporary change to one's physique, whilst later on, the changes revert and the previous progress is nulified. OK, that was turning into a tangent. Back to hectic schedules and fitness. I found that lifting is far more efficient in losing weight than cardio, and it is attributed to a phenomenon called the "afterburn". Also, H.I.I.T. cardio is a much more effective weight loss tool than regular cardio work. You do not need alot of time to complete either program. In one hour's time of lifting, the actual time spent working the muscles is....9 minutes! All other time is wasted resting between sets. That's where you get those "24 minute workouts" b/c there IS science behind that methodology. You've started on the right track with dumbells, which are leagues better than machine assisted weights. You also have the weight already on your body, which can be utilized for a number of total body routines. Additionally, eat five times a day at least, protein in every meal, and smaller meals. No complex carbs after 7pm, no food at all 1 hour before bedtime, eat more fiberous carbs daily, etc, etc, etc.

As you can see, there are volumes of things to know and plenty of information to study. My advice? Go join www.fitness.com/forums There are people just like you, with your age and weight and fitness goals, and there are trainers and fitness gurus just waiting to answer any question you have. Why join? Well, with the information I have learned from the trainers, I have significantly improved my diet, my training regimine, and my overall daily energy levels and focus. My problem is that I am on a "cutting" diet, but the results are begining to show. In 2 months, I've lost 1" on my waist line!! (from 31.5-30.5), and all my lifting weight have incresed 20-30%. I haven't lost weight, but I AM thinner. Even though my schedule is hectic, I still find time to work out three times a week, and do at least one day weekly of cardio. If I can do it, so can you! Go throw out the soda, the cheese, the white bread, the pasta, the candies, the cookies, the fatty foods! Turn off the television, learn to cook if you already haven't, chop at those big membership clubs, no more fast food, get a good pair of cross trainers, let the TV collect dust, read a book, play a musical instrument or draw some pics, stimulat the grey matter!!! And go join that forum! You'll thank me later. Good luck!!

Comment

you people are ****ing nuts. ITS POP, YOU CRAZY ASSHOLES
        "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
        -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
        -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

S-O-D-A.

Anyways, Chris, you fat lard, eat a big breakfast with lots of fiber, a good lunch, and a small dinner. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

Comment

Originally posted by kozzman555
            you people are ****ing nuts. ITS POP, YOU CRAZY ASSHOLES
            OK, from Cali to Oklahoma to Florida to Texas to Colorado to Arizona to Hawaii, which is the West, South, South East, and South West and more that 50% of the country geographically and population wise as well, it's is called soda or coke or pepsi or jolt or rock star or red bull or what ever! "Pop" is an antiquated terminology that is spoken by a small portion of the USA, all cluster together in a small cold and rainy place, and frankly, sounds like Canadian talk to me. Hell, it even says SODA on the fricking cans!! G oto the store and what is the X-brand can say on it?? OK, you find me a lime pop can, and I'll STFU.

That's why is is called a SODA fountain and NOT a pop fountain!!

Or a soda shop, NOT a pop shop!

And stop already with the tangents! This is turpro's thread!!

And I ain't no asshole, ASSHOLE!!
            Last edited by teknotexan; 10-13-2006, 12:26 AM.

Comment

POP!!!! OR SODA!!!! I SAY BOTH!!!!! and to lose wieght do some research on what foods naturally speed up your metabolism.

Comment

teknotexan I will definitly take your words seriously. Thanks. I haven't gone to those forums yet but I will. "Pop" is a midwest thing. Almost al the ppl here in cincinnati say "pop" with the eception of us normal ppl.

Jho, thanks for the motivation. Lol.

Well so far in the last 2 days I haven't had any chips,candy or any kind of snacks. I have just been eating basically 1 egg,2 strips of bacon(turkey) and a english muffin. Lunch usually consists of a chicken sandwich(no condoments) or a hot dog and dinner is whatever the wife makes but instead of filling the bowl, or eating everything on the plate, I only fill half as much. Plus my son always wants to eat my food so he's accually helping me eat less than that. 2 days ago I was 240.8lbs, this morning I weighed myself and I'm 236.4. So far its working and I'm starting to feel better. I will post my weights every friday morning to show the progress. Thanks again for the support and help I'm getting from everybody.
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Oh and any pastas or breads I eat have always been whole grain.
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Mannatech

My mom sells it/uses it. The stuff is crazy, it makes you happy. Energetic. It makes you loose weight, gain muscle. Its not a drug. They did the drug test and tried to overdose rats, but they wouldnt die. The sick rats got healthy. People have used this stuff and gotten wounds from 30 years ago healed. Its just crazy, but its insanely good for you, and will help you loose weight. But its kinda expensive :<

Monthly fat loss package.

You can get it in Chocolate or French Vanilla drink lol
                    Last edited by Pox; 10-13-2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                      teknotexan I will definitly take your words seriously. Thanks. I haven't gone to those forums yet but I will. "Pop" is a midwest thing. Almost al the ppl here in cincinnati say "pop" with the eception of us normal ppl.

Jho, thanks for the motivation. Lol.

Well so far in the last 2 days I haven't had any chips,candy or any kind of snacks. I have just been eating basically 1 egg,2 strips of bacon(turkey) and a english muffin. Lunch usually consists of a chicken sandwich(no condoments) or a hot dog and dinner is whatever the wife makes but instead of filling the bowl, or eating everything on the plate, I only fill half as much. Plus my son always wants to eat my food so he's accually helping me eat less than that. 2 days ago I was 240.8lbs, this morning I weighed myself and I'm 236.4. So far its working and I'm starting to feel better. I will post my weights every friday morning to show the progress. Thanks again for the support and help I'm getting from everybody.
                      Way to go man. Keep it up!

Your son is going to grow up to be just like you.

Who calls their soda "tonic?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                        Who calls their soda "tonic?"
                        gin and tonic???????
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

It's Friday, and you know what that means!............................................ .any updates Chris?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                            It's Friday, and you know what that means!............................................ .any updates Chris?
                            yea im still a fat ass.lol.
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                              yea im still a fat ass.lol.
                              LMAO, stop eating f00l.

Comment

It's been a few weeks. Any good news Chris?

Comment

Working...
                                X