Got a 91 Protege today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a 91 Protege today

Just picked it up today. Its got 210000Kms on it. Sadly its an automatic SOHC. It runs fairly well, this weekend I'm gonna change the plugs, cap and rotor, fuel filter...all the maintenance stuff.
    I also want to get a cluster with a tach which I understand is plug and play?
    The sunroof motor seems to be weak, are they easy to change? The roof needs a little push to get it to tilt, almost like its binding, but the motor is noisy and sounds weak so...I guess thats about it for now, check out the crappy camera phone pics

Originally posted by jasonh
    Just picked it up today. Its got 210000Kms on it. Sadly its an automatic SOHC. It runs fairly well, this weekend I'm gonna change the plugs, cap and rotor, fuel filter...all the maintenance stuff.
    I also want to get a cluster with a tach which I understand is plug and play?
    The sunroof motor seems to be weak, are they easy to change? The roof needs a little push to get it to tilt, almost like its binding, but the motor is noisy and sounds weak so...I guess thats about it for now, check out the crappy camera phone pics
    Welcome to Club Protege.

Looks like you have a diamond in the rough.

This guy is selling guage clusters:

And I might have a sunroof motor or two kicking around if you are interested.

Comment

The Cluster is plug and play, though it's a real bitch to swap without removing the steering wheel.

Edit: That guy's asking a lot for Clusters. I got one from a guy parting his Protege out for $20, and another from a JY for $30. Both were low mileage and worked fine. Check out the paper or your local JY first.
      Last edited by Natural; 09-14-2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

i did mine without removing the wheel it just takes a lil finess
        ...................with a big hammer lol jk
        it took me like 15 mins
        as a great man once told me, speed doesn't kill, sudden stops do....

mazda speed is the shiznaz

Comment

Hey she looks great! Welcome and keep us posted on the progress. A sweet looker. Broken things can be replaced. Have fun.
          Last edited by riverrunnernky; 09-15-2006, 11:18 PM.
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by Natural
            The Cluster is plug and play, though it's a real bitch to swap without removing the steering wheel.

Edit: That guy's asking a lot for Clusters. I got one from a guy parting his Protege out for $20, and another from a JY for $30. Both were low mileage and worked fine. Check out the paper or your local JY first.
            Yeah he is, I took the time to let him know cause he said he wanted them gone ASAP, I haven't checked back to see if he lowered the prices.

Yes, it can be done without removing the wheel, but like mentioned earlier, it takes a little patience. I have no patience, but I still got mine in!

Good luck, the car looks to be in great condition!

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

I'm goin to the wreckers Saturday. I wanna get the cluster and I'd like to have a clock, it looks like that whole panel needs to be replaced? Then it'll be on to the stereo install I'll get some better pics this weekend, cell cams suck...

Oh BTW my car had a bra on it when I got it. Someone can have it for the shipping cost.

Comment

i don't think you'll find one very easy. but if ya don't find on give me a shout. i got everythign ya need and want. plus same province, so bonus

Comment

What? Find the cluster or the clock? I'm in London BTW, so we're fairly close. I'll let you know Sat or Sun what I find. Thanks man. Wanna bra?

Comment

Welcome to the forums. If this is your first protege it only takes a little time to appreciate it. When your at the wreckers see if you see any spoilers like the one you have. If they have one let me know and maybe we can work out a deal. Good luck
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                      Welcome to the forums. If this is your first protege it only takes a little time to appreciate it. When your at the wreckers see if you see any spoilers like the one you have. If they have one let me know and maybe we can work out a deal. Good luck

Will do

Comment

i fyou have aim my aim id is turpro93 and my yahoo is bp05tuner. im on aim all day so thats the best way to hit me up
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i like it... & i like the glass moonroof & spoiler
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

camera is blurry I like ur pro tho.
                            '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                            '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

No fair, I want a sunroof. =[ I like the color.

Comment

Working...
                              X