TRRC's Protege thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRRC's Protege thread

In the spirit of Spenone's 323 thread and turpro's rebirth thread, I have decided to start one dedicated to my Protege. First up, some pics of the car at work and near work. Then, Some from Nopi, followed by my valve cover.
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking really good. What are the future plans for it?

Edit:last pic "thanks x for pimpin my ride"lol. Jp
      Last edited by Turpro; 09-22-2006, 06:39 PM.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Oh sweet, you work at Chucke Cheese's?

The valve cover looks great man, as does the rest of your car. It has really come along.

Comment

Car looks hot those rotas look dam good on there also (although i'd remove the center cap)

and NOPI is for ricers....

Comment

Thanks, and I do have some big plans, but first is exhaust, then just general repair. Ultimately, I want the BP-T, new trans, stronger clutch, short-throw shifter, straight and repainted body, 2.5RS bumper with front lip, side skirts, rear bumper with lip, carbon hood, trunk and roof, RSX type-s seats, MX-3 leather rears, and on and on and on...

And I don't work at the fat rat, I work at Discount Tire Co., which happens to be next door. I do get free food and drinks from C'E'C, though. And Nopi will continue to be for ricers until CLub Protege steps up and has a team meet there.

Stay tuned, foglights will probably come soon, when i finish the brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
              Thanks, and I do have some big plans, but first is exhaust, then just general repair. Ultimately, I want the BP-T, new trans, stronger clutch, short-throw shifter, straight and repainted body, 2.5RS bumper with front lip, side skirts, rear bumper with lip, carbon hood, trunk and roof, RSX type-s seats, MX-3 leather rears, and on and on and on...

And I don't work at the fat rat, I work at Discount Tire Co., which happens to be next door. I do get free food and drinks from C'E'C, though. And Nopi will continue to be for ricers until CLub Protege steps up and has a team meet there.

Stay tuned, foglights will probably come soon, when i finish the brackets.
              beat ya too the 2.5rs bumper. thanks for the advice.installing tomorrow.
              Attached Files
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

What kind of grill and bumper is that? Sorry for being new about it, just recently signed it so I'm trying to fimilar with everything. Also, the 2.5RS bumper fits perfectly?

Comment

Read. =]

And welcome to the club!

Edit: Still working on those gaps in the bumper, eh TRRC? =P

Comment

Man, I have been reading compact car magazines and I always see cars at NOPI carshows and me and my friends use to wonder how the hell can they get on those show with nothing on their cars. I guess its pretty much open for public.

Here in Cali, back in the days when I use to show my car at the show your car has to have something. Meaning, to compete with others most of our cars has
                    $10K investment on them. I look at the east coast side of US I go, WTF? he's pushing stock car thats not even lowered with 2 stripes in the middle and he got 5trophies?

Btw, clean lookin' car. Definitely have alot of miles on those BP or the oil change in not regularly.
                    '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                    '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

There were rental cars entered in the Nopi show, because if you wanna pay to entr, they're not gonna turn your money down. Now, to get noticed, you have to do some crazy stuff or just have a gorgeous clean car. And yeah, the gaps still need fixed... all in due time. Also, the pro has 185,000 miles, and the previous owners flat out abused it. A turbo swap is coming, probably around christmas.

Comment

When you have time you should. Sand blast all the rusted bolts and mounts on the engine bay even just the ones that are very noticeable. Or clean them out then spray flat black on it. The polished valve cover is cool but I'd rather spend all the time cleaning that engine bay than polishing that valve cover.

I like you car. I think its unique. Good choice on the wheels I would get the 15x7 too just like ur to make the wheels sits flush on the fender. You should make those tires shinny too to match the rims or maybe dont polish that rims too much to make the tire shines a lil bit. Definitely lower it to compensate on the fender gaps.
                        '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                        '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

New pics, misc. places and my broken exhaust.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Im realy feeling the hood also.

Comment

Working...
                              X