Gas Prices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Prices...

Unbelieveably gas prices here in Ohio are 1.99 a gallon...I'm gonna' piss the right winger on this site off but clearly the Republican Party has pulled strings in oil industry to lower prices before November elections to change public opinion about the the state of the country so they don't get their asses whooped...After Nov. 4, watch the **** will be 2.56 a gallon again...You heard it here first, what are the prices in your area and what do you think of my theory ?
    Last edited by Meltdownsky; 09-26-2006, 05:28 AM.
    If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

I don't know about politics, but I'm enjoying the lower gas prices. The cheapest in my neck of the woods is $2.25ish for regular 87.

Of course, I only have to fill up every other week, so what do I care.

Comment

Your theory is/will be fact after the elections. Its just too close to be a coincidence and people that don't realize it are idiots! And the cheapest 87 is about $2.55 as of a few days ago.
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

1.99 here in Iowa and dropping. Your theory is just that, theory. Prices dropping are just a sign of supply and demand. Supplys are up and demand is lower, so prices fall pretty simple concept.

93' 5spd DX
        R.I.P

Comment

$2.65 seems to be the cheapest in Buffalo, might as well just enjoy it while we can.
          sigpic
          1990 EGT Turbo RIP
          1995 EGT GTX RIP
          1991 323 GTX swapped
          2003.5 MSP

Comment

gas here is 99.9 cents a liter... i don't know how they got the ".9" after the 99 cents

$44 to fill up from E (gas light on), with 91 octane

Comment

ouch 99.9 a liter thats.... 3.776 a gallon for gas damn thats expensive. im sorry.

Comment

But is that $3.77 USD or CAN?

Around here it's down to ~$2.08...went down to $2.05 or so then jumped back up to $2.26.

But I've got 2 cars and fill them up like once a month each.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

2.59 here for 89, I do think it has to do with the election, but im holding my therories till I get more info
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i have a big ass dodge ram and pull landscape trailers all day so im happy if it falls half a penny, when gas was at its highest this summer i was spending close to a hundred bucks to fill, and that was every week.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT
                      ouch 99.9 a liter thats.... 3.776 a gallon for gas damn thats expensive. im sorry.
                      it was a dollar something in the early part of summer...

Comment

i dont know about you bro.. its still 3.07 here for premium.. and im kinda satisfied with that. im just glad that it didnt go up to 4.00
                        My Toys =D

Comment

The facts are clear on this issue.
                          Katrina did disrupt shipping ports in the Gulf Coast, which effected supplies of everything from oil to cars to commodities to consumer goods. Ships had to be re-routed to other ports in the USA, increasing the cost of S&H, thus passing on such increases costs to the consumer. Additionally, with the small number of automobiles in Europe, in conjuction with our main shipping ports knocked out, a surplus of oil was accrued in Europe, Africa, Asia, and South America. The production didn't stop, but the demand (USA being the primary consumer of petrol biproducts) was severely reduced due to the USA ports being inoperational. Note that only a very small number of ports can house the oil tankers, and most are in the Gulf Coast. So, there really isn't any conspiracy or collusion on any one political party's part. This time it is merely a stoke of luck, and any iniformed investor will tell you that lower gas prices were projected even before the ports were fully operational.

Comment

Yeah, but that was a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by teknotexan
                              The facts are clear on this issue.
                              Katrina did disrupt shipping ports in the Gulf Coast, which effected supplies of everything from oil to cars to commodities to consumer goods. Ships had to be re-routed to other ports in the USA, increasing the cost of S&H, thus passing on such increases costs to the consumer. Additionally, with the small number of automobiles in Europe, in conjuction with our main shipping ports knocked out, a surplus of oil was accrued in Europe, Africa, Asia, and South America. The production didn't stop, but the demand (USA being the primary consumer of petrol biproducts) was severely reduced due to the USA ports being inoperational. Note that only a very small number of ports can house the oil tankers, and most are in the Gulf Coast. So, there really isn't any conspiracy or collusion on any one political party's part. This time it is merely a stoke of luck, and any iniformed investor will tell you that lower gas prices were projected even before the ports were fully operational.
                              there are mny factors to look at, but remeber the goverment is PAYING the oil companies cushion money already to keep them below the $5/gallon mark
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                              X