Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listed in one of the first posts but much cheaper. 135 + 25 shipping.
    Sprint Lowering springs 1.8"/1.7"
    http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn...ngs-18975.html

Can stock struts typically handle being lowered without blowing out?

Comment

I'd reckon so. Yaril hasn't posted about his blowing yet, and he's got B+G super lows, and cut.

Comment

It will hold for a bit then bye bye..get an upgrade ones.

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

springs

got me a set of VOGTLAND springs with a drop of 2.0" all the way around with KYB struts. rides nice an smoooother then the previous adjustable coilovers from ebay. the tires i got on now are 245/40/17 an they rub a little but only when i get fat people in the car.

Comment

A 245? wow thats kinda thick..My rsr springs with 205 and gr2s is already tucked in there.

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

springs

my bad the tires were 225/45/17. they rub only on the type of tire. like summer tires dont rub but if you get like winter tires with more tread then they do rub in the front but not the back when drive. i also rolled my fenders so i was able to avoid the rubbing on straight roads an turns.

Comment

hey man, another question about your suspension. you have KYB's GR2, right? how much is your drop? are your shocks additionally shortened or are they still stock/factory lenght?

I have KYB Excel-G that are equivalent to yours and I'm wondering if going lower than 40mm needs shortened struts. does the piston hit the bottom of the shock or not?
                Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

the struts come shortened so u wont bottom them out with the 2" drop you will get. i think the front it 2 and the back is 2.25". i did the drop like in 2006 so its been a while. thinking about swappin them out for adjustable coilovers from ksport but they run 1500

Comment

which one is the best for street racing ? coz it's really rare in my country ...

Comment

lol, street racing

XYZ makes a coilover for the 2nd gen as well. I'm pretty sure it's the same as K-Sport, but I have a buddy who can hook me up so if I sell the Pro I'll try them on the next one.

Comment

I love how the company's name is XYZ, real creative lol.
                        1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

saint; i'm curious what ebay coilovers u were running;
                          | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Originally posted by saint0582 View Post
                            the struts come shortened so u wont bottom them out with the 2" drop you will get. i think the front it 2 and the back is 2.25". i did the drop like in 2006 so its been a while. thinking about swappin them out for adjustable coilovers from ksport but they run 1500
                            GR2s are not shortened.
                            1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

^

x2.. their stock replacements.
                              | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

i dont think they are ebay coilovers. they are german and i had a really hard time finding them. i can try to find them again by their name. VOGTLAND springs 30-60mm. got mine for like 200 i think. its been a while since i put them on but the ride it lower and the ride it a little bit better then adjustable coilovers that that ebay sells. also i am running 17" rims with fatter tires to help out with the stiffness.

Comment

Working...
                                X