Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awsome,

Originally posted by Meltdownsky View Post
    updates...down to a tight 193 lbs. Still working out 3 or 4 times a week...most importantly have (hopefully) laid long-term substance abuse issues to rest with almost 60 days without the most personally damaging drugs known going into my system. Reality doesn't suck like it used to...sleep is no longer a mystery. Anyone brave enough to share their story ?

It would have to take some nads to tell the would some things so personal, but when you have jumped leaps and bounds as u have...that's to have and regained a newness and great pride.

We must try to get together one day prior to the great meeting place we of faith are promised. You are inspirational in what you have done for yourself and how I should not be so hard on myself of my short comings, stop whining and look forward to remounting the saddle again. No biking, horses, Kayaking, Hiking and the best of all mountings is part of the issues.

I can relate to Lt. Dan's frustrations now. Only I did't loose my limbs.
    I broke my pelvis last summer as most of you know, didn't know it was broken until November, now 2 surgeries later and still in rehab and pain management now, I want to remount the horses again and do the thing I normally enjoyed.
    I can't even take a ride longer than 75 miles without cruise control, because of extreme pain.

Your short story Sir, is like a boost of nitrous I never had. Proud to know you. Keep us abreast of progress please. The real shame now would be to loose ground, Pm me any time Brother, all I need is a damned good reason to go to Alabama, I have very good friends near Arkadelphia and Culman.

David

I also appreciate the note from Teknotexan regarding Meltdownsky in his comeback, I'm so impressed with the heart I see in so many members of this club.

Wish Al Gore would be a pal and loan me his jet, I'd go pick up all the club members for the meet in WI that normally could not make the trip other wise.

Al says we need to walk more. But when Alice goes to Saturday night Live, He's in his own bed fast asleep by 3:30 am back in Tennessee. He flies and he won't share his Jet, he has never chimed in here= he's not registered as a member here, and worse I'll bet if some one ask Al what a BG is, he would say one of the Gibbs brothers. He has little clue of economy while pulling some serious gees!
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by teknotexan View Post
      Nice to hear you are over the substance abuse Meltdownsky. Taken from the area you live in, I suspect meth or crank. Over here in CA, everything is everywhere, so my major problem was the ganja. I know it sounds lame, but that stuff really effects my productivity, grades, motivation, and social life.

And nothing will ever be sore enough!!!

Never Enough!!
      Well, the Rick James quote from the Dave Chappell Show,".....is a HELL of a drug" was a clue. As for weed, had to quit for professional reasons, drug test are so commonplace now. Still struggling with it these days but honestly want to improve personal life...as for Jho, three balls + juggling = clowns...
      If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

Comment

Oh yeah, David sorry to hear about all that you've been going through after the accident ...you've actually changed the theme of "how sore is sore enough", hope you have a complete (though unfortunately not particularly speedy) recovery.
        If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

Comment

Thanks man,

Oh yeah, David sorry to hear about all that you've been going through after the accident ...you've actually changed the theme of "how sore is sore enough", hope you have a complete (though unfortunately not particularly speedy) recovery.
          I'm recovering, slowly, but mentally, very farcically unbalanced, just good hearted! lmao

davidmw1
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

What accident??
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Coke is bad, drink pepsi.

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Haha.

Comment

bpt323...OMGLMFAO, Ouch, that hit a little too close to home...

Comment

Assuming you're referencing,

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                      What accident??
                      my accident, I was hurt while unloading tractor trailor loads of freight and sorting that freight, then reloading to my delivery truck. An esteme stress fracture at first, undiagnosed, became a complete break later.

I'm a broken fact that a person can work his ass broken, amost off. Multiple pelvic fracture/disruption. I am stil in therapy x2 a week. My temp Disablity funds are 4-5 weeks, no show. And it took 6 months. Christmas was a day of acknowledgement, wanted to give much as normal to family, opted this year to a festive meal.

So going to WI and the Spring meet was Doing something on a grand scale.

It was late Sept. before I began getting help with finding the broken bone.

I think I am tough, I' Kayaked the Elkhorn roughly in about 7 .5 hours, multiple portages. I could barely walk with my kayak to my car. The trip was 30 more or less miles on water. I sleeped all the next day, the next I saw my family Doctor, F the dammned ER Docter I saw twice on July 4th wknd, said I tore a groin muscle. he was a farcical buttface. Family Doctor found a hernia, the surgeon found more, referred me to orthopedics and in late November the fractured pelvis was found by bone scan. The break has already began resetting itself. The Othopedic Surgeon ordered me to daily bone stimulator, it cost the insurance near 5 grand. It's used still today and upto one year.
                      Poop does happen to good pooples.

Since I have been in therapy x3 a week until an other surgery in February for unrelate Gall bladder, and awaited stupidly by the insurance co, to justify pelvic floor disruption therapy for final recovery. Now 2 a week, and I may say I am in recovery. Mortaity for pelvic disruption in America is 50 per cent.

The Orthopedic PA. laughed out loud that I survived the kayak trip broken like that. He said it had to be still broken apart or again after all the portages, on the trip. My hand still showed marks in november of where I would lift My self threw the shallow many time rather than get out every time to port past the shallows, to get out after fifty times was agony.

The Elkhorn is a **** drain, pretty, but too shallow for the long trip. My first and last. P****it I will run the lenth of the Ohio to the Mississippi before I ever
                      Do the Elkhorn again in Ky that is such a turist attration by many. Poo !

I thought you knew, Ryan. If not for this injury I would not have been so active on this site in July as you may see that is when I became so active because I had the time.

Maybe you know now better why I am sitting on the WI meet to donate. Survival dood. I call my Checks the possums (no Shows) after George Jones.

My appologies for the, well it is on topic, I'm ok, so it's my tanget of the day, as I think Meltdownsky called me 'The Ky Tangent King', Farcical but funny!

Thank you,

I love this site!

The therapy I recieved from this past near year is priceless. The photos too, peeps and our Mazdas,
                      shh, LisaT....mmmmmm

Thanks is a weak thing to say, I'm at a loss fer words now.

Therapy at 9 am, come home, Wapner is'nt on no more, clubprotege at 9:15,
                      ck email.......

I think I'm sore enough! Damn it.

David

David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

Most definately has been a good thing I found this site too for reasons beyond car problems...(has been great help for that too tho !) David, I have been wanting to tell you that the trip back and forth from Birmingham AL to Dover/New Philly Ohio...passing through Kentucky is without a doubt the high point of the drive (HWY 75)...usually at sunset...AWESOME SIGHT !

Comment

you like it too, alright!

How is Alabamas pain and recovery for the resent Tornado strikes?

As I've said many times I have friends in the Cullman local and have not hear anything from them in some time. How did your home area survive?

David
                          \

I didn't know you Drove too, I'm more familiar to I-65 as my Mother and Grandmotherlive in Russellville, Ky. My former home. 23 years ago. A glich in time, haw?

Most definately has been a good thing I found this site too for reasons beyond car problems...(has been great help for that too tho !) David, I have been wanting to tell you that the trip back and forth from Birmingham AL to Dover/New Philly Ohio...passing through Kentucky is without a doubt the high point of the drive (HWY 75)...usually at sunset...AWESOME SIGHT !
                          David
                          sigpic Ky

Comment

Actually my Mom went to Enterprise (south Alabama), her home town...for a funeral about 2 weeks ago and came back to tell that the tombstones had been knocked over at the graveyard. Occationally I'll wake up to the sound of tornando sirens and just roll over and go back to sleep thinking "Yay...I get to die in my sleep !"
                            Last edited by Meltdownsky; 04-18-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

^ i never quite had the full story david, All i knew is that you had issues from work & they weren't working with you well about it.

Glad your tuffn'ing it out

Comment

I figured you would know someone connected to the latest tornatic weather

Actually my Mom went to Enterprise (south Alabama), her home town...for a funeral about 2 weeks ago and came back to tell that the tombstones had been knocked over at the graveyard. Occationally I'll wake up to the sound of tornando sirens and just roll over and go back to sleep thinking "Yay...I get to die in my sleep !"
                                Too many tmes on the farm in the middle of my sleep, everytime our farm was hit of a significance we were in town or away when it hit the farm.

I learned the hard way that one can be hurt as bad of worse from the aftermath, I have voulunteered working with the Red Cross on a number of occations in all persons recovery threw the non-explosive technique of condemned buildings. It's easy to get nails intofeet and you must keep working to find others. punture wounds suck bad. Too many threw the top of the boot to count.

Those Bamed twisters anr apt to drop any where, here on Tueday 52 degrees and we had thunderstorm warning with possible tornados. Must be VP Gores Global warming! LOL

bt 323/Ryan, Buddy, I tell too much as it is, I don't want to seen the Freddy Freeloader type. That 's not me! I want to be a contributor of more than I take. This club is more than a site. The founder(s) I'm sure are proud.
                                I'm proud and damned happy to be a part.

I have court in Seymour, Ind. May 22nd on the stupid/Farcial speeding ticket, damned lie it was! I got it when I went after the WI engine from Jay. I hadn't driven out of town since Thanksgiving. I think you know the rest of this tangical story. I needed crise control and was using it. Who the hell sets cruise on 88mph, go on to 90 if doing that. That cop is goof!

Enough about him, if you what to know more about my encounter with a facical Highway Robber, Pm. Sorry almost off topic but is painful, if Iloose almost $200 and I go to a program that is basically probation. If I get a ticket in Indiana again in 2 years I pay the fine and diversion cost. WTH???

This is perty sore looking! l

David
                                David
                                sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                                X