Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cahnge from tranny to gearbox

Hello Fellow Madzoian,

I'm trying to source a gearbox everyting need to go with.
    I've been some tranny problems this is the second time and basically the same problem has occure.
    So can anyone assist me with locating a gearbox and also i need add a little more pep (hp) any ideas.

1999 Mazda 1.5 Familia

This is not my car just a pic of one like it .

It have gearbox in Trinidad. I have a Zl-DE with a gearbox.

Comment

I looking for a gearbox right now and I cant find one in Trinidad. If it has one for sale they may sell it with gearbox,shifter,padels and clutsh master cylinder for 3500.00TT

Comment

Did you intsall a gearbox in yours or did you purchase it with the gearbox?

Comment

I have a 96 323F with a ZL_DE engine and I got gearbox from
          a Z5 engine. Everything bolt on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockster View Post
            Hello Fellow Madzoian,

I'm trying to source a gearbox everyting need to go with.
            I've been some tranny problems this is the second time and basically the same problem has occure.
            So can anyone assist me with locating a gearbox and also i need add a little more pep (hp) any ideas.

1999 Mazda 1.5 Familia

This is not my car just a pic of one like it .
            Hi there,
            I live in Trinidad and own a '99 1.5 Familia hatchback BJ. Recently replaced the tranny for a manual gearbox from a Z5 model. Had to modify the left side mount (the one closest to the battery and also relocate the holes on the cross member for the mount next to the radiator) in order for the box to fit, reason being is that the Z5 box and BJ box, although they're the same type(F25M-R), the 3 locating studs for the left side mount are at different positions.
            I didn't realize this until I was doing the swap and hence the reason the mods were necessary. However,on the upside, the Z5 and ZL-VE(BJ) gearboxes share the same ratios and carry a 4.388:1 final drive. These boxes are geared for snappy acceleration and reasonable top end, so this should be your choice if you want improved performance.
            If you live in Trinidad you can probably source the conversion at Bick's in Penal or check around in the Bamboo, can't promise that you might get that same box or all the components in one place though. I got the box and shifter at Bick's and the rest in the Bamboo.
            The car is really fun to drive now, and have already blown away a couple Nissan, Toyota and Honda lovers. Good luck ... Chris.

Comment

I'm glad you had something usefully to say in a thread 3+ yrs old
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
              X