Car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car wont start

Okay guys, title says it all, but its a thinker. I have replaced the battery, tested to be good. Had a voltage drop test done to see if the starter was bad, starter is good, connections are solid. Lights come on in the instrument panel when car is in accessory = good ignition switch. Replaced the neutral switch last week.

I am out of thoughts, fuses are good, car does NOTHING. All accessories come on no draw on lights when trying to start it. Nothing, no clicking, humming, etc. I could use some help guys.

just because the stuff comes on when the key is in accessory doesnt mean the switch isnt at fault... the switch on these is stupid.... you stick the key in and its not the key that turns the switch... the key simply unlocks the switch, the switch is driven by a piece of plastic much like a key that fits into a slot. if that piece breaks off while its in acc then you can turn the key all you want but it wont change the position of the switch... try compression starting it and see if it will turn off.... if the key wont turn it off i promise that is your problem. its worth looking into. 2 of my buddys egts did that.

also not to be a prick or anything, i was wondering if you could remind your buddy, im not mad ive been busy, he asked me to remind him (about the money for the gtech) and i have totally forgot.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Assuming its an auto I'd say take a closer look at the ignition switch. Just cause it makes connection for accessories doesnt mean it is completing the starter circuit. If it were manual i'd tell you to check the push bottom that the clutch pedal depresses when you push it down. Starter wont run if thats not working.

Comment

Its a manual, and i wouldnt think that its the starter, cuz after having the test ran at a shop they said there's only a .3 volt drop from battery to starter. So it is getting sufficient voltage to the starter. I guess i'll try compression starting it, and if it doesn't turn off, we'll go from there.

Comment

i have to ask

do u put the clutch in when u go to start it,,, jw
          93 Nissan Nx2000 <commuter
          95 Nissan 300zx tt < my baby
          97 Protege lx Sold!!

Comment

Put the car in neutral and crawl down by your pedals. On your clutch pedal there is a little button that the pedal depresses when it is pushed down. Push this button in and attempt to start your car. With it in neutral it wont go anywhere so make sure you put it in neutral.

Comment

Yes, and yes I have tried it. The car does nothing. I just tried a rolling start today too, and still got nothing. This thing is gonna lead me to an early grave.

Comment

So let me get this straight..
                Your starter wont run - not even pulling current
                And on top of that you cant roll start it either... so either no spark or no fuel maybe both.
                Seems to me a bad ignition switch could be responsible. Im not sure what else would cause these symptoms so you might want some other opinions before you do something, this is just my 2 cents.

Is there an easy way to find out if the fuel pump is cycling when the switch is in the on position?

Comment

no fuel/spark would mean its cranking, it doesnt even crank, that would leave me to believe the ignition switch is bad so its not in "run" so the pump isnt working and the ignition is disabled.

probe your ignition wires while you turn the key... id give you specific colors to probe for acc and on positions, but like i have mentioned before i no longer have any car and im 2500 miles from home in a village in the middle of nowhere alaska.

so just probe all the wires with a test light if some of them change dependant on where the key is then the ignition switch is in working order, but if only 1 or a couple light up and never change no matter where the key is change the ignition switch.
                  Last edited by FazdaBoy4ever; 12-09-2006, 02:28 AM.
                  There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
                  X