qusetion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

qusetion...

i recently got a 96 mazda sedan and its all stock. i was hoping for suggestions on an engine modifications for starters and whether it would be better to switch to 15" rims or the car could handle 17"s? Thanks
    perspective is everything...

Are you From Philippines? That car seems to come from there, from the bumper to the license plate. Yes you can go with 17" on that car. Engine mods wont be too much unless you go for a turbo. DO you have the b6 or b3? look it up on protegetech.org for somemore help.

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

yeah, my car in manila is a late 96 familia sedan. i had a 91 corolla before that i setted-up and all that so im more familiar with toyotas. but, im starting with exterior mods for the mazda first then headin on the mods for the engine.

Comment

Damn your HOT!!! lol But yeah ive run 17" wheels on mine a couple of times but now ive got 16" so they do work...
        MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

16s? hmmm... i prolly would be starting on the mods by the second week of january since i barely have time lately. nways, i had 15s on my corolla and they were the perfect size for it so i wasnt sure bout the mazda. i know i need to change the headlights, do the skirts, grills, and the lot. sorry, im kinda lost with what exteriors would complement the car. pardon my ignorance.

Comment

really wheel size is preference cause the bigger wheels look good but i actually like the 16" wheels with 205/50/16 on them it looks more of the jdm type look...

I really want some of the philipine parts my self cause usdm is ****...
            MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

lol crazy. my corolla's set up jdm as well so i guess thats what im gonna be goin with the mazda too.

Comment

that will look really good....i really like bigger wheels when i started but now a 16" deep lip wheel is the best wheel and to prove it i have had 3 sets of them in 4 months lol...
                MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

lol, sorry dude but you have not got deep lip wheels.

anyways - you can put 18s on the BH chassis, probably even 19s if you're crazy, but 17 seems just right, in my opinion.

You could go for some legit dish or lip though if you're willing to spend the money. The max I can reasonably picture is 8" with a 20mm offset, which is a fair lip or dish for a little FWD car, though it has been suggested an even wider/deeper wheel could be fit.
                  Last edited by firelizard; 12-25-2006, 05:31 PM.

Comment

these are the two of the rims that im currently contemplating on getting... dunno if it would work...

http://www.conceptonewheels.com/whee...hyperblack.gif 15' X 6.5", pcd = 100 + 114.3, 8 holes
                    http://www.conceptonewheels.com/wheels/jspec.gif 16" x 7", pcd = 100 + 114.3, 8 holes
                    Last edited by jadiemiranda; 12-26-2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                      lol, sorry dude but you have not got deep lip wheels.

anyways - you can put 18s on the BH chassis, probably even 19s if you're crazy, but 17 seems just right, in my opinion.

You could go for some legit dish or lip though if you're willing to spend the money. The max I can reasonably picture is 8" with a 20mm offset, which is a fair lip or dish for a little FWD car, though it has been suggested an even wider/deeper wheel could be fit.

Dude what the **** is with you and starting **** with me everytime i post. I know my ****in wheels have a 4 1/2" deep lip so yes that is a deep lip wheel.

Im gonna ****in quit posting cause your muther****in posts are getting as bad as honduhtech bitch. When i do **** to the ****in pro ill keep it to my goddamn self and not help a muther****in person cause illo get a rude remark from your bitch ass self who drives a stock protege with exactly no mods. Oh wait i forgot the gay ass pink valve cover.
                      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

sorry if i caused any trouble.. anyways, thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

You also forgot the audio enhancements and the paint but I don't really care.

There is one kind of lip - true lip, and then there's fake lip.

You have 4 1/2 of 'fake' lip if you're measuring all the way back to where the spoke is attached.

True lip is measured from the edge of the wheel to the face of the wheel.

A 4 1/2" true lip is impossible on this platform without flaring the fenders somehow.

This is 4" of lip.

Measure from the face to the edge and you'll find you have little or no lip.
                          Lip should never be measure between the spokes for an accurate measurement.

The JSpec wheels Jade posted are another example of a lot of fake lip.
                          Nothing wrong with it, just don't get it mixed up with a real deep lip.

Anyways, I like those JSpec wheels, it's a cheap upgrade over stock, and looks pretty good I think.
                          The other ones just scream "look at me! I'm high offset!"

Comment

the paint is pretty much still okay. its been repainted recently, though it doesnt show that much with the pictures so i promise to shoot better ones. i dont have that much free time with work goin on and all so i kinda am still figurin which one to do first and stuff. the audio system's gonna be worked on by late january already. im more particular on sound quality than pressure.

Comment

Good call on the sound system...I dunno if your car is anything like mine, but mine would rattle itself to death if I tried for SPL anyways!

Comment

Working...
                              X