Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTX BP26 ecu diagram? TPS conversion (3 to 4 wire)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i got it, when its in front of you its easyer to understand.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I swear this post should be a sticky sometimes.

And for the Record. It's the Wire in 2L that Moves to 2M
        Drew
        '95 EGT 1.8
        T
        '93 ELX 1.9 SC
        '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Originally posted by ghaze24
          Just put the 4 wire tps on my GTX, it wasnt hard but it took a lot of looking through diagrams and piecing together information. I took some pictures and figured I'd post up some info on it for everyone else.

All you really need to do is put the throttlebody on, cut the 3 wire plug off and connect color to color, run an extra wire to the ecu and connect it inline with pin 6 the wire is LG/R and move the LG/W wire from pin 19 to pin 7 on the ecu plug, pin 7 is between a red wire and LG/R wire.

I noticed a little better throttle response after the swap and it was definately a bit smoother accelerating, no more little hicups and I've been getting a little bit better mileage, seeing 30 all the time highway and 26-28 around town, I never take it easy on the car either so its not like I put the new tps in and drove around under 3 grand or something. I used to get about 26-27 on the highway and low 20s city so it did something. Hope this helps to make this swap a little faster, I was really confused with all the random information around concerning it and just wanted to help.
          Drew
          '95 EGT 1.8
          T
          '93 ELX 1.9 SC
          '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

With that info added, she is stuck
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the only wire you need to touch at the ecu connector is the wire that originally is pinned in 2M...and move it to 2L. Thats IT. Correct? None of this 2K business. that wire stays in the same place in the connector for all three engines...N/A,GTX, and GTR. The only other thing one needs to do is extend the 4th wire coming from the 4 wire TPS over to the VAM and splice it in line with the LG/R wire on the VAM? This is what I did. I've looked over feoa.net and here searched and read and read and there is some confusion about where exactly to splice and which wire to splice into and which wire to repin and that is wire 2M to 2L when using a gtx/r ecu on a n/a harness. If I am misunderstanding this information correct me. Otherwise I assume I did it right.

I don't understand what pin 6 means. Where does the wire in pin '6' come into play? Is the pin 6 wire the wire going to the VAM?
              Last edited by cis2711; 02-17-2009, 02:05 AM.

Comment

The last post skuce made is all you need to do. There's also a pin out sticky in this section that shows all the wire locations on the ecu.
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I have seen the pinouts. No where does is say pin 6.. Its has to be the number 2 then a letter to signify a pin on the connector. the number 6 means nothing to me or anyone else reading that pinout chart.

Comment

it dose state the wire color in there also

Comment

Okay sorry if this sounds repetetive but he is saying Take the LG/W wire from 2L and pin it into 2M. I had it backwards before.

THEN he wants us to run the fourth wire coming from the TPS and pin it into pin 6..or 2K(throttle sensor/AFM signal wire).

According to the second photograph he has not spliced the foruth wire in line with the AFM signal wire but rather he wired the fourth wire straight into the ecu via 2K unless we can't see where he spliced it in line with the AFM signal wire. Am I seeing this wrong?

And if I'm wrong then where is the wire that is pinned into 2K or pin 6 coming from? In the first pic we see the fourth wire left from the TPS which is blue connected the a LG/R wire. Where is that LG/R wire going to?...
                      Last edited by cis2711; 02-18-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

this might help some forget where i got it

Comment

I wired mine spliced inline with pin 6(2K). from what i read thats the way its supposed to be done. Also Cis2711 when you ran your 4th wire to the afm and spliced it into the LG/R wire on the afm thats the same wire as pin 6(2K) at the ecu. So you just spliced it at a different location but its all the same though.
                          Last edited by bomdoutscort; 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM.
                          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                          "Who Dey"

Comment

oops

Comment

i know its old but im running into probs. i have a MS and no vaf its mapped. so i ran the 4 wire TPS in and i got a 4-5 volts reading?? it equals 210-240 in MS words. not much of a range here. dunno whats the deal is. anyone?
                              Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                              99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                              01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Ok, so I've been reading up on this but I have one question.

whats better? running the wire to the ECU or splice into the VAF. I've read both sides and of course everyone says their way is the best. does anyone have solid proof, cause you know, everything you read on the internet is true!

Comment

Working...
                                X