Transplant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplant!

For those of you that know I have had a motor sitting in an MX3 waiting to go into my 323, some of you also know I blew my SOHC, I am finally happy to announce that the new motor will be going in next weekend! Yeah buddy, 1.5 weeks and $700 and I'll be sportin a great little B6D! It's been a long time comin'!!!!

Just though you might like to know and yes, there will be pics!

Later

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

is the old one still running below 4k?

and woo hoo to an extra 5 hp and lb/ft!!!

you're going to turbo that anytime?

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil View Post
      is the old one still running below 4k?

and woo hoo to an extra 5 hp and lb/ft!!!

you're going to turbo that anytime?
      It's more than 5hp, not much, but it is more.

B6- 88hp
      B6D- 108hp

Yes, I plan on turboing it, but after I fix the driverside body damage.
      Last edited by Suzuka323; 02-07-2007, 01:24 PM.

Comment

you'll feel it. 20 > 5. i stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil View Post
          you'll feel it. 20 > 5. i stand corrected.
          No worries, yeah I'll feel it, I have my SOHC reasonably modded to where you can feel some extra power out of it, but I drove the MX3 after the gasket changes and it's completely stock and it was plenty meaner than my SOHC in a slightly heavier car, so I'm really excited! I'm looking for an intake for it, I have a huge KN filter already so I just need to find piping, I may order an underdrive pulley beforehand as well, what do you guys think about that, do you have any suggestions, is the pulley worth the $60 I found for a machined piece, or am I better going with just plugs, wires, and the intake for now?

Later.

Comment

Nice! Glad to see you're going through with it! Good luck with your swap and let me know if you need any help.

JACK.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
              Nice! Glad to see you're going through with it! Good luck with your swap and let me know if you need any help.

JACK.
              Thanks man, I really appreciate the help. I actually went to another mechanic to do this for me, he's charging me $700, but he's pulling 2 motors, doing a tranny flush, oil change, and putting the power steering into my 323, so I'm getting one hell of a deal! He does this kind of stuff for a living and has swapped just about anything you could imagine including an RB26TT into a 180sx, so he has a little knowledge of the field so my confidence level is much higher in him than the previous mechanic I had planned on using.

I still don't know if I should put the underdrive pulley on it or not, I think I'll just do the plugs, wires, and intake for now and get the other stuff taken car of later.

Later.

Comment

Working...
              X