• Show
Clear All

Maybe a bell housing swap?
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I'll have to if what Shawn says is true. I just posted the question over at mazda626.net since I don't have an engine here yet.

Comment

when I get home from work ill throw up a picture of my KL bellhousing against the BP's

internally they are the same (when comparing similar years)

thats probably where the idea of them bolting up comes from.
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

do they make turbp manifolds for the 1.5 and headers

Comment

Hi guys! Newbie to mazda protege. Bear with me for this is kinda long.

I got a 96 model 323, recently changed the engine (1600 DOHC) as it was going out and replace with an BP1800 DOHC. The swap was fine however, the idling is hunting so we figured that the throttle & idle air was dirty so cleaned it. Idling still the same. goes up and down between 1.2k to 500 rpm. I then removed the idle air that came with BP engine and put in the old one from the old engine and also the MAF.

Idle became stable, though if I switched on the A/C, it goes down from normal idle of 800 to 400, so I adjusted the idle between 1k - 900. Used it for a month without any problems.

Yesterday, I did an oil changed and advance the ignition timing to 14 degrees. Drove it around after and everything was fine. Before shutting the engine, I rev it twice to see if smoke would come out of the tail pipe and the idling became erratic again and stayed on 1,500k rpm. I adjusted the idle to 1k, shut off the engine. waited a few minutes the started it. Idling was between 500 and 300, so adjusted it again to 950k. This morning, When I started the car, the idling stayed at 1,500k rpm again. I also noticed that the o2 sensor located at the exhausted manifold was not connected, looked for the wire but there was none. Probably the tech that did the wiring somehow forgot or deleted the wire for the o2 sensor.

What could be the cause of the erratic idling? could it be the o2 sensor or is the idle air sensor bad? Thanks

Comment

Has anyone tried to put the ZL engine in a 2nd gen?
              My Z5: The slowest car in the world (13 seconds on 1/8 mile)

Midnight Imports Team from Mexicali BC, México.

In search of Mazdaspeed parts...

Comment

Hello, my Protegé is Z5 atx so I have some questions:
                -What do I need to swap to the JDM Z5?
                -I was looking for the ZL-VE engine, does it fit on BHA Protegés?
                -Does anyone tried to swap to an MZR engine in a BHA?

I have another project in mind, rebuild the Z5 and add a supercharger (the tiny AMR500) but I think this is to another thread.
                My Z5: The slowest car in the world (13 seconds on 1/8 mile)

Midnight Imports Team from Mexicali BC, México.

In search of Mazdaspeed parts...

Comment

I wasn't aware of any difference between the JDM and North American Z5. I can't imagine it needing much. What are the benefits of the JDM Z5?

Define "fit". Anything fits, for money. It's not a drop-in swap, though, not at all. I've seen an FS-DE in a BH hatch, that's the only BJ motor I have seen fitted to a BH so far. A ZL-VE seems far more difficult to obtain than the ZM or FS that were sold in North America.

I've never seen someone fit an MZR to a BH.

Comment

Working...
                  X