Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really wonder if they make SS sodium filled valves.... & i wonder if its worth it VS regular SS valves & a ceramic coating on the face of them
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Hmm all this talk about valves has got me wondering, i have a GTR so should i just stay with the vavles i have or should i upgrade?

Comment

if you can afford to upgrade to oversized valves you'll benifit. ferrea makes valves o equal or make GTR valves cry. oversized valves do make an noted improvement in flow.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

at the moment no i dont have the cash for my head at all, right now im just focused on rewiring my car and all new lines and plumbing plus a new turbo and manifolds. so when all thats done lookes like its time for some head work

Comment

Southerncross, What honda motor were you talking about that you saw 40 crank horsepower from the larger valves? because Ive never seen any gains that were that impressive nor could I really run a larger valve ( B16 engine) due to the clearance. Because in stock trim on that motor thers only .020 of clearance between in the intake and exhaust valve and with larger cam ( a stage 3 type) it gets down in the .005-.007 clearance range.

just curious.

CJ

Comment

Ceramic coating the face of the valves is supposed to yield quite a nice little gain. It keeps the heat in the combustion chamber instead of sending a massive thermal shock everywhere else. And we all know these days is that Heat is the thing that drives turbos around.
              Drew
              '95 EGT 1.8
              T
              '93 ELX 1.9 SC
              '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

i've seen entire heads coated, valves & combustion chamber... even the ports thoughts skuce?

Comment

I'm not too sure about the seating face, but why not the top of the head...

You would only do the ports to smoothen out the whole port.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                  Member of MX-3.com
                  1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                  1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

the seating face I.E. angles aren't coated no. but the combustion side is

Comment

Well it seems like a waste of money for those who are not building something that's gonna be strictly a racecar.

But hey, if you have the money surely do it as ceramic works well.

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

in my opinion every engine should be a race engine oh wait.... we wern't asking my opinion

Comment

Overbuild everything. It's better to have it and not need than the other way around.
                          Drew
                          '95 EGT 1.8
                          T
                          '93 ELX 1.9 SC
                          '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Stainless steel valves is really all you need... it distributes heat better than stock valves. Either way, when you're insulating the head on the piston and valves, the heat has gotta go somewhere...

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

is "somewhere" out the exhaust???

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                                is "somewhere" out the exhaust???
                                Come on now, you're giving away all the secrets!...

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Working...
                                X