OEM Front Speakers from a '93 Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Front Speakers from a '93 Protege

Not really sure why anyone would want 'em, but they're in perfect shape -- just finally got around to replacing them with better speakers. Pay shipping and they're yours.
    Once upon a time, I had a 1993 Protege LX with about 34,000 miles -- owned by my family since new, got it from my dad two years prior with about 18,000 (and two of the original tires) -- then I gifted it to a friend who needed a car. Now it has come back to me with 55,000 and a smoke-laden interior (plus lots of little broken things), so I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

I suppose they'd be a cool keep-sake.

They've gotta be antiques by now.

Comment

Haha, indeed. They're surprisingly flexible still, and don't sound BAD, just not as good as 2-way or 3-way speakers sound.

Incidentally, the Sony XPlod XGT1625A 6.5" speakers are a perfect fit for the front and rear speaker holes, since they have tabs for 3-hole mounting -- and they're not the best speakers ever, but they're inexpensive.
      Once upon a time, I had a 1993 Protege LX with about 34,000 miles -- owned by my family since new, got it from my dad two years prior with about 18,000 (and two of the original tires) -- then I gifted it to a friend who needed a car. Now it has come back to me with 55,000 and a smoke-laden interior (plus lots of little broken things), so I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

Comment

Do the front windows roll up and down alright with the 6.5"s in there?

Comment

Yeah, the mounting depth is 1 3/4", so it fits with no clearance issues whatsoever. Didn't need to cut anything, no custom mounting rings, nothing. Straight replacement. Because of the tab arrangement, I didn't even need to drill holes or change out the screws.

Comment

Right on.

Well, bump for interest in your free OE front speakers.

Comment

i wish that my front speakers rolled all the ay down. My infinity kappa perfect's are too deep, and my window stops with about 3 1/4 inches to go on both sides. It came with some spacers but it was cold out. It just sucks when I go through the drive through. :-(
              My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

shipping cost to v9m 1a5 ill take em if no dibs the egt needs a stock set to add to it
                Check out the Pics
                sigpic
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
                Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

Still got EM?

Comment

threads 5 yrs old man .....

Comment

Working...
                    X