Rough Idle - ECCS Harness diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Idle - ECCS Harness diagram

I am looking for the ECCS harness wiring diagram for a 2001 Mazda Protege 5.
    After checking error code result was bad Air Flow Sensor, I recently changed the Air Flow Sensor 2 months ago therefore I am skeptical that the sensor has gone bad just like that. Car has a very rough idle and often stalls.
    Last edited by Triniman; 05-16-2007, 09:50 AM. Reason: Missing title

clean injectors Trini gas lame

Comment

Don't know about the ECCS but pertaining to the rough idle, try using seafoam to cure it. I have a 2000 Protege LX and I seafoamed through the breaker? and the gas tank. Just get a can of it at any store basically it's about $7 and from what i've seen since i've done it does wonders. My car used to have a rough idle at around 1,500RPM's and now it stays at around 500 RPM's when idle. I was also always irritated with the hesitation I got from my Protege which was about the only thing I disliked about it. The seafoam cured this for the most part also.

If/When you do this, get a cup and put about 1/3 of the seafoam in it, take off the tube, (very helpful to have two people for this) start up your car, and put the tube in the cup of seafoam and SLOWLY let it suck it in while having you or someone else keep it at about 2,000 RPM's so you don't stall it out. After that reconnect the hose, let it sit for about 5 mins or so, make sure you're in a well ventilated area where the exhaust isn't gonna be blowing at you, and start it back up and just rev it until the smoke stops coming out of the exhaust for the most part (it will and should be a huge cloud of smoke coming out). After that I'd suggest taking it out somewhere quick and redlining it some, and just drive it normally 5-10 minutes. With the other 2/3's of it fill up your gas tank, and just pour it in there.

If you do that it should help you with the rough idle and in general make your car run better and smoother.

Comment

Working...
      X