Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD-II connector

Hi There,

I have a 2001 Mazda "Lantis" its the european name for protoege.
    I tried to find the OBD-II connector and did not succeed.

I did find a "Diagnostics" port within the engine compartment, near the wipers engine.

Is this the connector?

Regards
    Nir

OBD II or On Board Diagnostics Version 2, was a standard set by SAE or the Society of Automotive Engineers. It was standard to all cars sold in America sold after 1996, your in Israel, so they probably don't have it mandated. And it is entirely possible that you don't have an OBD II port.

If you do have an OBD II port it will be under the dash near your knees, when you sit in the drivers seat.

Good luck and welcome to Club Protege
    Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
    Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

check under the steering for a 16 pin connector

Comment

Originally posted by nirn View Post
        Hi There,

I have a 2001 Mazda "Lantis" its the european name for protoege.
        I tried to find the OBD-II connector and did not succeed.

I did find a "Diagnostics" port within the engine compartment, near the wipers engine.

Is this the connector?

Regards
        Nir
        Nope, it is not. Check my threads, I have been questioning something similar just a week ago. That diagnostics port is for Mazda NGS only. It does the simulations tests by making jumper circuits and checks for continuity.
        Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

Working...
        X